• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

California Swap or deal: 21” wheels, tires and spare for 20” AT wheels, tires and hopefully spare

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

And I’d consider that trade. My biggest concern is actually having wheels I can get a set of KO2s on
Well if you don't need the tires, 5 20" rims for 5 21" tires/rims. I'd do that trade all day 😀
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3, SC Bronson
Occupation
Product Development
I think this is pretty well understood from the community. With the 20" tires you get about 270 range, in real world depending on your driving style that translates to 1.9-2.2 mi/kWh with the 20s. If you do conserve and drive around 60mph you can get towards 2.5 mi/kWh.

Add 15-20% if you have the 21s. In discussions I have had with owners at charging stops and reports on the forums. You can get upwards of 360 range if you drive conservatively in conserve.
Thats with the stock tires, Im more curious how KO2s will hit the range, which I expect will reduce the mi/kWh further

derichio02

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla Model S
Did you end up making a deal?

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3, SC Bronson
Occupation
Product Development
Sorry for the delay… been so enjoying the truck I forgot about this thread. I am still interested in sale or trade my 21s for 20s… obviously I can pick ‘em up in store now, but not needing to keep my 21s as soon as I have a new set. Thanks all!

Sponsored

TheRiviAnswer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Honestly, your best bet would be to purchase the AT wheels and tires that you want from the gear shop. You wont be able to get a spare, but you will eventually.

Then sell your brand new 21s in the aftermarket. Keep the spare if you want-- it's not an all terrain tire, but if you are out there, the road wheel spare is better than nothing.

When you buy the AT wheels from Rivian, they will also reprogram your truck for the new wheels. That is included in the price. Otherwise you have to pay $100 (or $200?) to have Rivian reprogram your R1 if you get the wheels from a private party. You also have to pay them another $100 to swap the wheels too.

This is actually the cheapest way to get AT wheels on the truck. You get it with 21s, buy the 20s from the gear shop, switch them out, and sell the 21s.

When getting 20s during delivery, you are paying either $2500 to $3500 for the upgrade. But in the gear shop the price difference between the 21s and 20s is only either $400 or $1400 (for the Dark ones). So assuming you can get a decent price for your 21s, you would probably save about $1000 going this route if you are ok with the hassle of selling your 21s...

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
The Rivian after market is flooded with 21's. I plan to get a set of AT darks when I need a tire change and try to sell my likely year old used 21's for pennies on the the dollar.

Keep the spare if you want-- it's not an all terrain tire, but if you are out there, the road wheel spare is better than nothing.
This is a great idea didn't think of it.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3, SC Bronson
Occupation
Product Development
This is likely where Im at. Im now almost 11k miles in, so Im expecting to get the ATs when I need a tire change.
Sponsored