First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1t
Occupation
Sales
So I've had the suspension lowering links on my Tesla and assume you could trick the Rivian to do the same but opposite and raise. Many other car companies that use air suspension have these for sale online. I pulled the front wheel off and the links are just plastic which could easily be 3d printed and made just a tad shorter/longer. I have not looked at the rears yet, chime in if anyone has. I would love to be able to keep the truck in highest mode or even high at highway speeds. I did a quick search and so far haven't found anyone even talking about this. Anyone have more ideas on the subject?
Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Why are you looking to reduce efficiency on the highway?

OP
OP
vogtaction

vogtaction

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1t
Occupation
Sales
I never have worried about efficiency in my Tesla's or Rivian. I drive a total of 9000 miles a year, typically never go on long trips. I'm a car enthusiast and main hobby is to modify my cars to my liking. I'm putting on 22x9s with All terrain tires next, which will hurt range even more.

bmedfo1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T launch edition 20" AT Carbon wrap
Occupation
CFO
Thank you for this info. I also want to lift my truck and go with larger tires tires.

I might give this a shot at rigging something up and trying this "lift" You can run over 45mph in high (13.1") by selecting off road/Rally/high but 1- you lose parking sensors and forward collision warning
2- under heavy acceleration there is a bunch if Hal shaft noise. I have seen this in mine and in a loaner. 3- im not sure what the power mapping is.

I wish we had a custom setting - Mine would be:
Sport throttle mapping/power
High 13.1 ride high or even highest but Im sure that would cause problems.

This could be a big win if we could just basicly bump each ride setting up by 2' effectively. basicly sport mode power at normal high and then normal driving at high hight

I have always been a fan of a high commanding "king of the road" feeling you get from sitting up high and maybe its my micro p, but I hate looking up at 300hp 1500s at stoplights that think my truck is a cute toy.

Side note- It drives me nuts that the first comment about changing anything on this truck is "what about efficiency" We have a 800+HP 7000lb pickup truck that gets the equivalent of 45-50MPG. Why is this everyone focus.

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

You'd want to realign the truck at what would be your new normal ride height too. Excessive tire wear has been seen on those driving in ranges beyond All-Purpose Standard.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Thank you for this info. I also want to lift my truck and go with larger tires tires.

I might give this a shot at rigging something up and trying this "lift" You can run over 45mph in high (13.1") by selecting off road/Rally/high but 1- you lose parking sensors and forward collision warning
2- under heavy acceleration there is a bunch if Hal shaft noise. I have seen this in mine and in a loaner. 3- im not sure what the power mapping is.

I wish we had a custom setting - Mine would be:
Sport throttle mapping/power
High 13.1 ride high or even highest but Im sure that would cause problems.

This could be a big win if we could just basicly bump each ride setting up by 2' effectively. basicly sport mode power at normal high and then normal driving at high hight

I have always been a fan of a high commanding "king of the road" feeling you get from sitting up high and maybe its my micro p, but I hate looking up at 300hp 1500s at stoplights that think my truck is a cute toy.

Side note- It drives me nuts that the first comment about changing anything on this truck is "what about efficiency" We have a 800+HP 7000lb pickup truck that gets the equivalent of 45-50MPG. Why is this everyone focus.
I just step on the pedal when I feel this way. Once I pull away and they don't even realize what happened until they see me insanely far ahead then I'm betting they are the ones with the shrinkage in the shorts action. Especially the Raptor that tried to race me when I first got it.
Sponsored