Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Commodity Risk Management
Hey All,

I’ve noticed over the past few months my suspension / drivetrain has progressively gotten noisier. I’ve developed the notorious knock, as well as some other mystery noises.

Back in the fall, I had the service center look at the truck and inform me the sounds were normal / “in spec.” Fast forward a few months and the issues are louder and more frequent, unfortunately.

I’ve attached a short video below, and I am hoping some of you all will be able to help identify these sounds and what the (potential) remedies are.

I’ve been in contact with service, but having a better understanding of what I might be dealing with would be a tremendous help. I’m not an auto expert by any means- thanks!

View attachment 45162
Sponsored

Hdang

First Name
Hung
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
This is what happened to me yesterday the nut on the steering column come loose. Make the wheel wobble and those are the sounds, noise and steering wheel vibration is what I think are signs of nuts and bolts beginning to come loose.

Rivian R1T R1S Suspension Pops, Clicks and Ticks PXL_20230226_190059308

OP
OP
hiller

hiller

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Commodity Risk Management
Thanks @Hdang, thankfully I'm not experiencing any vibration in the steering wheel. It also appears my bolts aren't loose (at least from a quick visual check).

I'm trying to hold off on service until the Cincinnati Service Center opens, but the sounds are getting close to convincing me to make the drive up to Cleveland.
Sponsored