First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Sales Executive
I’m wondering if the R1’s will have speed limitations for certain ride heights - has anyone heard any updates on this? My Grand Cherokee drops down out of “Off-road 1” once you top 40mph, which is sometimes annoying as I love the look/stance of the lifted profile. I totally understand this is a safety requirement, I’m just curious if we know what those limits are. From the photos I’ve seen, specifically the R1S can look quite different while in driving mode vs the off-road mode.
Sponsored

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
It will probably have some limits, but they are less for safety and more for range. The taller you are at high speed, the less range you’ll have.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I’m wondering if the R1’s will have speed limitations for certain ride heights - has anyone heard any updates on this? My Grand Cherokee drops down out of “Off-road 1” once you top 40mph, which is sometimes annoying as I love the look/stance of the lifted profile. I totally understand this is a safety requirement, I’m just curious if we know what those limits are. From the photos I’ve seen, specifically the R1S can look quite different while in driving mode vs the off-road mode.
I’ve not seen where they’ve stated this specifically, but I’d be shocked if this was not a feature. Being able to have it adjust based on GIS coordinates is also becoming more standard, and something I’d be surprised if it was not included.

Driveout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
My stepdaughter's friend has a lifted F250 with monster tires. It has never seen so much as a gravel road. It seems our trucks will stand out enough by being unique especially in the more vibrant colors.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
My stepdaughter's friend has a lifted F250 with monster tires. It has never seen so much as a gravel road. It seems our trucks will stand out enough by being unique especially in the more vibrant colors.
Says the guy with the snorkel on his Rivian avatar ?

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I love your profile pic, especially the snorkel! I don't know your age, but if you're pulling up to her house for that first date, you might want to park down the block a ways. If not, I can here it now, "Bob, I'd like you to meet my Dad, and his best friend, Winchester".

And when Dad says "Have her home by 9:30! Sharp!", resist the temptation to reply "Great! The end of September! Can do!"

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Says the guy with the snorkel on his Rivian avatar ?
The snorkel is so the stepdaughter's boyfriend can still breathe when stuffed in the frunk.....

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Driveout, I just noticed that you're new to the Forum. Welcome aboard! It's a fun place to play! And now that I read your complete profile, I see you're retired. Still hope you enjoyed and appreciate my dating advice.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

The snorkel is so the stepdaughter's boyfriend can still breathe when stuffed in the frunk.....
Of course, that's only needed if he's still alive....
Sponsored