Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Yuuuuup... it looks that way.

And to the shock of some folks on this forum, that person is not on here.

So... I'm going to hazard a guess that others have occurred and the owners either did not post about it, or don't care to post about it on an unsecured, public space.
What? Who just gets something and then doesnā€™t immediately post to social about how #blessed they are?!

Lol, yeah it looks to be the case. Others have probably occurred, although probably not a lot so far. Itā€™s a good sign!!
Sponsored

agsogg

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry
Occupation
Retired
https://www.autoweek.com/news/green-cars/a38434898/rivian-r1t-drive-review/

ā€œRivian claims that, unlike rivals Tesla, GMC and Ford, it is actually delivering electric trucks to real people. And while early reports said that ā€œpeopleā€ seemed to mean Rivian employees, who were doing what amounted to beta testing for the company, Rivian insists otherwise. It says actual human buyers outside the company have received R1Ts and many others will get theirs in the coming months.ā€

ā€œYes, there are non-employees driving their trucks today,ā€ said a Rivian spokesperson when we asked. ā€œMore R1T deliveries to come the rest of this year and as we continue to ramp into next.ā€

Where? I havenā€™t seen one or heard of one delivery window earlier than January potentially. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with doing employee deliveries first, but I donā€™t know why they canā€™t just come out and say that.
And no mention of the R1S which I preordered. Any thoughts?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

So... I'm going to hazard a guess that others have occurred and the owners either did not post about it, or don't care to post about it on an unsecured, public space.
Yet they will likely post 100 photos on their Instagram story - a not very secure social media site.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Is there any information about when this current bunch of Redit posters got guide contacts or what their LE emails prospective delivery dates were? Not quit sure I buy the don't want to publicize my purchase argument but then post on Redit. Really doesn't mater but curious.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Is there any information about when this current bunch of Redit posters got guide contacts or what their LE emails prospective delivery dates were? Not quit sure I buy the don't want to publicize my purchase argument but then post on Redit. Really doesn't mater but curious.
There are several threads on Reddit from people detailing their delivery experience. One white Rivian was just delivered with stockings and Christmas lights. These deliveries are obviously getting the attention Rivian wants.

I haven't seen any specifics about their quoted time versus actual delivery, but you could ask and they might answer. But I know that if I got mine ahead of my delivery window I wouldn't acknowledge it publicly for fear of all the people with pitchforks wondering why you are more deserving than them - when it's probably just random logistics.

The poor people who post are inundated with requests from other Redditors asking them to measure frunk space and charge the car from 5% at a 350KW charger... etc etc. I think there might be some instant regret after posting your delivery there.

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In case you aren't on REDDIT - here's one answer about timeline from notification to getting the truck:

Rivian R1T R1S Supposedly Deliveries Happening to Non-Employees- Autoweek Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 12.46.54 PM

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No don't do Reddit. So just reading that little blurb sounds like Guide contact was minimal.
yeah. He also mentioned that he had the option for contactless delivery or a walk through and he went through the walk through. The guide showed up with stockings in the frunk and Christmas lights in the gear tunnel so it made for a very attractive social media post.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
.....here's one answer about timeline from notification to getting the truck:

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 12.46.54 PM.jpg
I believe someone also asked this same individual about his reservation date and when his delivery was scheduled, in the email he should've received. The assumption was he was notified in November and his delivery would be in December, since that's when he received it, but the emailed delivery date was unknown. I lost my place and never found his answer to this. I believe the person asking was trying to find out if the delivery took place before his scheduled email stated date.

I haven't seen any specifics about their quoted time versus actual delivery, but you could ask and they might answer. But I know that if I got mine ahead of my delivery window I wouldn't acknowledge it publicly for fear of all the people with pitchforks wondering why you are more deserving than them - when it's probably just random logistics.
I have no problem with this. This information will appear in my Signature.

The poor people who post are inundated with requests from other Redditors asking them to measure frunk space and charge the car from 5% at a 350KW charger... etc etc. I think there might be some instant regret after posting your delivery there.
I will let our forum members know when I receive my Rivian and details surrounding the delivery, but any Rivian specific questions will be referred to Rivian. :) They need to earn their keep.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have no problem with this. This information will appear in my Signature.

I will let our forum members know when I receive my Rivian and details surrounding the delivery, but any Rivian specific questions will be referred to Rivian. :) They need to earn their keep.
It'll be different in a month. By the time I get my truck, nothing about it or the delivery process will be a mystery.

Right now we are seeing the very first customer deliveries. It was similar with Model S. Everyone wanting to know what it's like to buy a car from a new company with no dealership.

Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It'll be different in a month. By the time I get my truck, nothing about it or the delivery process will be a mystery.

Right now we are seeing the very first customer deliveries. It was similar with Model S. Everyone wanting to know what it's like to buy a car from a new company with no dealership.
I agree. At least I hope it'll be different.

It's hard for me to believe people are buying and taking deliveries, with so many unanswered questions. I guess they have all their questions answered. I may be alone in this, but I do have questions and they'll need to be answered before I take possession.

Reactions: Max

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I agree. At least I hope it'll be different.

It's hard for me to believe people are buying and taking deliveries, with so many unanswered questions. I guess they have all their questions answered. I may be alone in this, but I do have questions and they'll need to be answered before I take possession.
I think that seems smart and reasonable. I had most of my questions answered at the Venice Launch event and the last questions will be answered this weekend when I finally drive the truck. I haven't found any reason not to get the Truck yet, but I've had lots of different cars over the years and the one thing I know is that there are always more cars. If it doesn't feel right, you can always check them out again in a few years after they've been on the road a bit.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
...... and the last questions will be answered this weekend when I finally drive the truck.....
Great! I know you'll enjoy the drive.

Only if you think to ask and it's something you may want answered as well too. If not, I'll find out before I buy, so don't go to any trouble.

The main questions I have, are about future costs I can expect to have, if any. Mainly regarding what functions and or/features will be lost if we don't continue the trial membership.

How much the membership will cost on a monthly/yearly schedule and are there any additional plans to choose from.

How far will the vehicle's hotspot reach and if it can remain on when you're away from the truck, such as in a tent where you may need your laptop. I've asked Customer Service these questions and they remain unanswered. Thanks M.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Great! I know you'll enjoy the drive.

Only if you think to ask and it's something you may want answered as well too. If not, I'll find out before I buy, so don't go to any trouble.

The main questions I have, are about future costs I can expect to have, if any. Mainly regarding what functions and or/features will be lost if we don't continue the trial membership.

How much the membership will cost on a monthly/yearly schedule and are there any additional plans to choose from.

How far will the vehicle's hotspot reach and if it can remain on when you're away from the truck, such as in a tent where you may need your laptop. I've asked Customer Service these questions and they remain unanswered. Thanks M.
Sure - Happy to ask, but I suspect that the guides at the event won't have much info. I bet they can't answer the last one, but they might have an update on membership features and costs now that they are delivering to non employees.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sure - Happy to ask, but I suspect that the guides at the event won't have much info. I bet they can't answer the last one, but they might have an update on membership features and costs now that they are delivering to non employees.
Thanks very much M. Any information will be appreciated, but it's okay if they can't answer.
Sponsored