Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
https://www.autoweek.com/news/green-cars/a38434898/rivian-r1t-drive-review/

“Rivian claims that, unlike rivals Tesla, GMC and Ford, it is actually delivering electric trucks to real people. And while early reports said that “people” seemed to mean Rivian employees, who were doing what amounted to beta testing for the company, Rivian insists otherwise. It says actual human buyers outside the company have received R1Ts and many others will get theirs in the coming months.”

“Yes, there are non-employees driving their trucks today,” said a Rivian spokesperson when we asked. “More R1T deliveries to come the rest of this year and as we continue to ramp into next.”

Where? I haven’t seen one or heard of one delivery window earlier than January potentially. There’s nothing wrong with doing employee deliveries first, but I don’t know why they can’t just come out and say that.
Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
https://www.autoweek.com/news/green-cars/a38434898/rivian-r1t-drive-review/

“Rivian claims that, unlike rivals Tesla, GMC and Ford, it is actually delivering electric trucks to real people. And while early reports said that “people” seemed to mean Rivian employees, who were doing what amounted to beta testing for the company, Rivian insists otherwise. It says actual human buyers outside the company have received R1Ts and many others will get theirs in the coming months.”

“Yes, there are non-employees driving their trucks today,” said a Rivian spokesperson when we asked. “More R1T deliveries to come the rest of this year and as we continue to ramp into next.”

Where? I haven’t seen one or heard of one delivery window earlier than January potentially. There’s nothing wrong with doing employee deliveries first, but I don’t know why they can’t just come out and say that.
Hopefully, Rivian is being factual. Lucid is now facing a class-action lawsuit from Investors as they mislead on expected delivery numbers pre SPAC.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
“Yes, there are non-employees driving their trucks today,”
Oh I see, so people who used to work there but then quit. Nice one, Rivian ?

fotoflux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Onewheel
I imagine Jeff Bezos has a few
Will Shatner probably got one as a perk for his ticket to space on the blue origin flight. Like how regular people get pretzels on 4 hour+ flights, rich people going to space get cars so they don't have to worry about parking at the launch pad.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
well it was mostly a joke. I think it's mostly for stuff like houses, not cars, iPhones, etc.
Arizona, California, Idaho, Louisiana, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin and Puerto Rico are all community property states. Assets (with varying exceptions for "separate property") acquired during the marriage are jointly owned by both parties regardless of individual income etc., and are equally divided at divorce or death of one party.

fotoflux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Onewheel
Arizona, California, Idaho, Louisiana, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin and Puerto Rico are all community property states. Assets (with varying exceptions for "separate property") acquired during the marriage are jointly owned by both parties regardless of individual income etc., and are equally divided at divorce or death of one party.
I love being right even when I did no research. So there we have it. Spouses of Rivian employees in Washington and California have taken ownership of delivered vehicles.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I really hope its not some lame thing like spouses of employees or former employees they are counting as non-employees. If thats the case, its obviously a calculated move to continue to "beta" test. Which on one hand is smart and strategic but on the other hand is sneaky. I guess its both good and bad.
Sponsored