First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Love the truck! Have over 1000 miles now and along the way made a list of bugs and suggestions (mostly software) to fix or add features. Here it is... Sorry if some of these are repeats.

• When locked remote from the app and then a driver gets in the mirrors don't fold out
  • Pedestrian sounds should turn off or have option to turn off when off roading. This way I can enjoy the peace and quiet of the outdoors.
  • Driver window very sensitive on auto up. Can't put up on bumpy road or when the truck is moving fast without holding the window up button
  • Be able to turn off screens. If you want to take a nap or just not have cc screens on obviously while in park. Be able to tap screen to wake up.
  • Be able to lock center console. It's an electric latch, can it be locked through the software?
  • Need bed extender! Something that locks on to the end of the bed when tailgate is down.
  • Dash cam video when driving. Should be able to record the cameras all the time while driving. Tesla has this and the hardware is there. Even if a USB drive needs to be plugged in all the time.
  • Snap in cover to block glass roof that matches interior color. Not a fan of the glass roof and it bounces the sound around more. Also very reflective and causes extra glare when cars pass by etc.
  • Online service portal accessible from app and website to schedule service, track tickets, get online support, knowledge base.
  • Have ability in app to easily change from proximity to having to press a button on the phone for entry/lock/unlock. When working on the front yard and having the phone in my pocket the truck keeps locking and unlocking. End up turning off Bluetooth when loading and unloading or working around the parked truck.
  • Cannot change temp settings in app. Would be nice to be able to control all climate settings including defrosting and heated mirrors. Less waiting on the truck when your ready to go.
  • Be able to view cameras or a snapshot from cameras remote from the app. This way you can see the area around the truck from anywhere. Good for security.
  • Ability to automatically lower air suspension when parking. Easier on and out. Turn this off when in off-road mode.
  • Charging schedule got stuck on "paused away from home" even though I was sitting in my driveway for hours. Turned the schedule off then on and it's fine.
  • Setting to angle mirrors down when in reverse. Automatic tilt down.
  • Entire infotainment rebooted connecting to hot spot. Then hot spot would not turn back on. Did reset holding both outer buttons on steering wheel
  • Passenger window does not seal properly when moving fast. A air pressure issue or something but when it does not seal properly you get a lot of wind noise. Must roll down then all the way up when not moving.
  • When going in reverse the lines in the backup camera do not show up until you start turning.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Pedestrian sounds should turn off or have option to turn off when off roading. This way I can enjoy the peace and quiet of the outdoors.
Write your congressional representatives about this one. Rivian has to follow the law.

OP
OP
DannyC

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Will be putting a big sticker over the speaker if it can't be temporarily disabled when off-roading. Law is not going to change.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That's your call obviously. Just noting Rivian can't do anything about it. Just like they haven't allow you to have the low beams, high beams, and fog lights on at the same time.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Write your congressional representatives about this one. Rivian has to follow the law.
This is a tricky one as it is a law requirement as an everyday thing (it can be argued that if the feature can be turned off at all, some people will turn it off for the heck of it. Regarding those that have an impaired sense {blindness, partial deafness}, this is a no-no). However, I can see a case being made for when in rock crawl mode.

Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Automatic suspension lowering would be nice, but presents a minor risk of crush injury

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Driver window very sensitive on auto up. Can't put up on bumpy road or when the truck is moving fast without holding the window up button
"Express close," as the manual puts it, stops closing for you when off road? Perhaps submit a service ticket.

Online service portal accessible from app and website to schedule service, track tickets, get online support, knowledge base.
This exists... Explore your app.
Rivian R1T R1S Suggestions and issues for the R1T after 1000 miles and a week of ownership Screenshot_20220409-074246~2

Rivian R1T R1S Suggestions and issues for the R1T after 1000 miles and a week of ownership Screenshot_20220409-074312~2

OP
OP
DannyC

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I have 5 support request in already. Have not heard back on any of them... Expressed my frustration to my guide that I am not hearing back. WAY more than 2 business days.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Automatic suspension lowering would be nice, but presents a minor risk of crush injury
You’re kidding right?

all sorts of vehicles with air suspension do this, including and especially transit busses.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I have 5 support request in already. Have not heard back on any of them... Expressed my frustration to my guide that I am not hearing back. WAY more than 2 business days.
You did them through the phone app? I did 3 and got a call within hours. I called back the next day and they were incredibly helpful. I emailed pics, they instantly received and answered questions.

YMMV

Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Every vehicle I've owned with air suspension has had this feature. Rivian will be the first without it (barring an OTA update). I doubt this is much of a concern.

OP
OP
DannyC

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Talked to a person (twice) on the phone. Seems that should work too.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

You’re kidding right?

all sorts of vehicles with air suspension do this, including and especially transit busses.
More of a clearance issue. Like if you're over something tall and the suspension lowers the vehicle onto it. Not really a person.

My ram has a low suspension setting, but it is near worthless. If i try to lower it as I park, my passengers are too impatient and open the door cancelling the adjustment.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
More of a clearance issue. Like if you're over something tall and the suspension lowers the vehicle onto it. Not really a person.

My ram has a low suspension setting, but it is near worthless. If i try to lower it as I park, my passengers are too impatient and open the door cancelling the adjustment.
Thanks to the underbody shield, which is made of pure unalloyed whoknowsium…you could lower the truck onto an diamond tipped pile of diamonds and not damage a thing!

FWIW opening a door on the R1 doesn’t appear to stop suspension height changes.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Thanks to the underbody shield, which is made of pure unalloyed whoknowsium…you could lower the truck onto an diamond tipped pile of diamonds and not damage a thing!

FWIW opening a door on the R1 doesn’t appear to stop suspension height changes.
Pure Cardboardium alloy!!
Rivian R1T R1S Suggestions and issues for the R1T after 1000 miles and a week of ownership 1649687398498
Sponsored