Sponsored

StowNCharge by Adventure High Tech - Out Now!

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Update 6/7/2023:

I've discovered a convenient waiting list app that I can integrate into our site. It will enable you to sign up and inform you of your position in the queue. When it's your turn, I'll activate your account and an email link will be sent to you, granting you the ability to log in and proceed to checkout.

Waiting List Activation - 6/7 at 6:00 PM PST

https://adventurehightech.com/products/stowncharge

Updated Pictures:

Rivian R1T R1S StowNCharge by Adventure High Tech - Out Now! IMG_0068

Rivian R1T R1S StowNCharge by Adventure High Tech - Out Now! IMG_0066

Rivian R1T R1S StowNCharge by Adventure High Tech - Out Now! IMG_1071

Rivian R1T R1S StowNCharge by Adventure High Tech - Out Now! IMG_1072

Rivian R1T R1S StowNCharge by Adventure High Tech - Out Now! IMG_0372

Installation Video:

---
Original Post:

Very excited to show my new product - what I'm calling the StowNCharge!

I'm getting very close to a finished product so I'd like to share what I have and potentially add any feedback from the community. Here are some photos from my most recent prototype. Please note there are some small issues with the wrap in these photos as I used some slightly damaged vinyl for testing purposes. Price and release date TBD (soon!)

If you'd like to see any additional photos or videos of something specific just ask! Also note, for those who aren't into this I'll be sharing my AdventureMat power retrofit solution later this weekend.

Once it's released will be available at: https://adventurehightech.com/products/stowncharge

Rivian R1T R1S StowNCharge by Adventure High Tech - Out Now! IMG_0947.JPEG

Rivian R1T R1S StowNCharge by Adventure High Tech - Out Now! IMG_0946.JPEG

Rivian R1T R1S StowNCharge by Adventure High Tech - Out Now! IMG_0943.JPEG

Rivian R1T R1S StowNCharge by Adventure High Tech - Out Now! IMG_0940.JPEG

Rivian R1T R1S StowNCharge by Adventure High Tech - Out Now! IMG_0948.JPEG

If you order with Chargers, customers will only need to plug in to the car power plug, otherwise you have to wind them.​

Key Highlights:

Sliding Storage Drawer: This sleek and practical drawer is perfect for storing items like pens, keys, parking slips, and small sunglasses. The drawer can be closed to conceal any clutter, ensuring a tidy appearance. It features a premium suede flocked finish, providing a professional look and a soft touch feel.

Faster Charging: The charger integrates seamlessly with the existing OEM plug-in connector, offering charging speeds nearly three times faster. It utilizes the QC4 / PD USB Type-C module for enhanced performance.

Charging Testing Methodology:

Device: iPhone 14 Pro
State of Charge: 30%
USB Digital Tester: FNIRSI FNB58 and YOJOCK USB Tester

To measure charging speed, I connected the charger and allowed it to stabilize for five minutes. I then recorded the stabilized speed and peak numbers while keeping the phone locked to minimize any speed fluctuations.

I conducted tests using JSAUX Chargers, Apple OEM Chargers, and wired connections for comparison. I also tested the chargers with vehicle USB ports.

Results:

Apple MagSafe:

StowNCharge Mat: 12.5 Watts (22 Peak Watts, 9.01 Volts, 2 Amps)
USB Port: 7.2 Watts (5.1 Volts, 1.34 Amps, 7.3 Peak Watts)

Notes: The charging speed pretty quickly gets up to 22 watts and then over 5 minutes slowly dropped to stabalize at 12.5. The speed was generally the same when using a 30w Wall Outlet. Pretty good!

JSAUX:
StowNCharge Mat: 9.3 Watts (9.01 Volts, 1.02 Amps, 9.6 Peak Watts)
USB Port: 5.91 Watts (5.1 Volts, 1.05 Amps, 6 Peak Watts)

Wired Connection (for comparison):
StowNCharge Mat: 22 Watts (9.21 Volts, 2.5 Amps, 23 Peak Watts)
USB Port: 14 Watts (5.1 Volts, 2.8 Amps, 15.1 Peak Watts)

Because of this charging speed difference, I'll be offering an option for Apple Chargers included - but I will have to pass on full MSRP. Really just a convenience for customers.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Very excited to show my new product - what I'm calling the StowNCharge!

I'm getting very close to a finished product so I'd like to share what I have and potentially add any feedback from the community. Here are some photos from my most recent prototype. Please note there are some small issues with the wrap in these photos as I used some slightly damaged vinyl for testing purposes. Price and release date TBD (soon!)

If you'd like to see any additional photos or videos of something specific just ask! Also note, for those who aren't into this I'll be sharing my AdventureMat power retrofit solution later this weekend.

IMG_0947.JPEG

IMG_0946.JPEG

IMG_0943.JPEG

IMG_0940.JPEG

IMG_0948.JPEG

If you order with Chargers, customers will only need to plug in to the car power plug, otherwise you have to wind them.​

Key Highlights:

Sliding Storage Drawer: This sleek and practical drawer is perfect for storing items like pens, keys, parking slips, and small sunglasses. The drawer can be closed to conceal any clutter, ensuring a tidy appearance. It features a premium suede flocked finish, providing a professional look and a soft touch feel.

Faster Charging: The charger integrates seamlessly with the existing OEM plug-in connector, offering charging speeds nearly three times faster. It utilizes the QC4 / PD USB Type-C module for enhanced performance.

Charging Testing Methodology:

Device: iPhone 14 Pro
State of Charge: 30%
USB Digital Tester: FNIRSI FNB58 and YOJOCK USB Tester

To measure charging speed, I connected the charger and allowed it to stabilize for five minutes. I then recorded the stabilized speed and peak numbers while keeping the phone locked to minimize any speed fluctuations.

I conducted tests using JSAUX Chargers, Apple OEM Chargers, and wired connections for comparison. I also tested the chargers with vehicle USB ports.

Results:

Apple MagSafe:

StowNCharge Mat: 12.5 Watts (22 Peak Watts, 9.01 Volts, 2 Amps)
USB Port: 7.2 Watts (5.1 Volts, 1.34 Amps, 7.3 Peak Watts)

Notes: The charging speed pretty quickly gets up to 22 watts and then over 5 minutes slowly dropped to stabalize at 12.5. The speed was generally the same when using a 30w Wall Outlet. Pretty good!

JSAUX:
StowNCharge Mat: 9.3 Watts (9.01 Volts, 1.02 Amps, 9.6 Peak Watts)
USB Port: 5.91 Watts (5.1 Volts, 1.05 Amps, 6 Peak Watts)

Wired Connection (for comparison):
StowNCharge Mat: 22 Watts (9.21 Volts, 2.5 Amps, 23 Peak Watts)
USB Port: 14 Watts (5.1 Volts, 2.8 Amps, 15.1 Peak Watts)

Because of this charging speed difference, I'll be offering an option for Apple Chargers included - but I will have to pass on full MSRP. Really just a convenience for customers.
Really innovative. Could you vinyl wrap the top and edges as well or use a textured plastic? The bare plastic does not look as nice as the wrap and I imagine will wear quickly. I do like the contrast from the vinyl wrapped area to the plastic though, so maybe a textured plastic would look best.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Really innovative. Could you vinyl wrap the top and edges as well or use a textured plastic? The bare plastic does not look as nice as the wrap and I imagine will wear quickly. I do like the contrast from the vinyl wrapped area to the plastic though, so maybe a textured plastic would look best.
It is Matte Black 3M vinyl. :)

Maybe the photos don't do it justice but it looks nice in person.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Oooo ok maybe the pics aren’t doing it justice then 😅. Thanks for the clarification, looking closer I see it, ignore my comment lol.

I have your other charger, I’d buy this. Really like the functionality and look. Still wonder what the top (where the charger are located) would look like with the textured wrap you used on the door in a place of matte black.

Last edited:

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
ok but jesus christ the face my wife is going to make when yet another Rivian wireless charger accessory shows up at our house... 🙈

Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Any chance of getting one sort of non-slip surface so non-MagSafe Qi devices won't slide around as easily? This looks great, and my 3D printed MagSafe-puck-holder just warped after being parked in the sun for a day, so I'm looking for a replacement.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

ok but jesus christ the face my wife is going to make when yet another Rivian wireless charger accessory shows up at our house... 🙈
Same. At least two of the four I've used have been 3D printed at home….

larrydallas

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus R350, Rivian R1S
Count me in. This looks really nice and clean! When do you expect to put them on sale and start shipping?

EDIT: Was about to pull the trigger on your earlier version last week, but glad I didn’t!

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Any chance of getting one sort of non-slip surface so non-MagSafe Qi devices won't slide around as easily? This looks great, and my 3D printed MagSafe-puck-holder just warped after being parked in the sun for a day, so I'm looking for a replacement.
I've thought about that a little as I've heard that as a concern in the past. There are some non-skid vinyl products out but the trade off would be aesthetics. So I'm not sure the trade-off is worth it.

As for warping, I use ASA plastic - higher heat resistance than other materials and shouldn't warp (208 degrees F glass transition temp).

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Count me in. This looks really nice and clean! When do you expect to put them on sale and start shipping?

EDIT: Was about to pull the trigger on your earlier version last week, but glad I didn’t!
It's a question I don't quite have an answer for yet. I currently have enough materials to do a run of 50 but want to do a slow roll out. I also want to get these in the hands of a few testers too (ideally close to me - so if you are in South Orange County, California and are interested send me a DM).

Sponsored

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
This will be my third charging solution LOL. I'm on the opposite coast though so unfortunately I don't meet your tester requirements. As soon as you're ready to sell these beyond the testing group, I'm in.

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Oooo ok maybe the pics aren’t doing it justice then 😅. Thanks for the clarification, looking closer I see it, ignore my comment lol.

I have your other charger, I’d buy this. Really like the functionality and look. Still wonder what the top (where the charger are located) would look like with the textured wrap you used on the door in a place of matte black.
I have an earlier prototype with that vinyl I can share (it has a bigger front lip, but ignore that.).

Rivian R1T R1S StowNCharge by Adventure High Tech - Out Now! 462332C5-A83E-4A76-AEA7-13A5C0D28756

And another one with all textured.

Rivian R1T R1S StowNCharge by Adventure High Tech - Out Now! IMG_0837.JPEG

( I don't like the way the front lip looks at all)

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
I have an earlier prototype with that vinyl I can share (it has a bigger front lip, but ignore that.).

462332C5-A83E-4A76-AEA7-13A5C0D28756.jpeg

And another one with all textured.

IMG_0837.JPEG

( I don't like the way the front lip looks at all)

Hey man. I know I'm a competitor and all but I have to say it looks great. Great job.

Wrinks

Site Sponsor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Polestar 2
Occupation
Button Pusher
Looks great! Love the felt finish in the bowl area. Looks sharp.

EDIT: Dammit @Sojhinn - beat me to the punch.

OP
OP
Mcdubjr

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles