Sponsored

Stock potential to $75 in 12 months???

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Happy to read this. More notably, had been wondering where they stood with pre-orders. This says 98,000. I think I remember it being about 50,000 before the March 1st Price Hike. I know a lot of people cancelled their orders after the price hike. Many reinstated those orders, but not all. So, looks like they've had at least another 50,000 reservations made AFTER the price hike, which is great news for the company. And that's considering a $1,000 deposit. Other companies can boast larger reservation numbers, but only required $100 deposits. More likely that people willing to place $1,000 deposits are more serious about following through. I was one of them that hesitated until I was sure I wanted one. Yet, I have probably 8 $100 deposits out there on other future EV's.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2022...hoo-host&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article
Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
I think RIVN had around 80K preorders around Nov '21. Still think the stock will do very well long term. Once more vehicles hit the road, I think the buzz will continue/gain more steam. They have an incredible vehicles/Brand that people want to be a part of

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
"Potential" to reach $75 in 12 months, well sure. Will that actually happen... ????? A lot can happen to Rivian over the next 12 months. Just another speculative filler piece.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I think the market would need to recover and the government would have to rein in inflation for the stock to get back up to $75 in a year.

They won't have a profit until the GA plant is up and running and in 12 months their nest egg will be much smaller. If the market is still in the toilet I don't see them regaining back to ipo levels by then.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Interestingly, everything EV has held up very well lately, even showing some strength into this weakness.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I think the market would need to recover and the government would have to rein in inflation for the stock to get back up to $75 in a year.

They won't have a profit until the GA plant is up and running and in 12 months their nest egg will be much smaller. If the market is still in the toilet I don't see them regaining back to ipo levels by then.
Inflation should make it easier to hit $75 in a year though ;)

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I think $75 is possible. Just like Tesla, Rivian's stock likely won't follow along typical stock patterns. If they start showing success, it will skyrocket. Already went up nearly $10 just this week alone. If they show good 3rd quarter delivery numbers, which are sure to be better than the 2nd quarter numbers, it will likely spike again. I think that's a reasonable figure for 12 months from now.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I actually just sold 800 shares today for a nice profit and then sold some INTC stock to cushion the tax hit from the gain on the RIVN shares.

We'll see if I buy back in but, I for now have lost my faith in Rivian's execution at least on the service and reliability front. Regardless I expect even if it does go to $75/share it won't go straight up from $40 with current market volatility.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I think Rivian is going to pretty substantially beat the 25k target for this year, especially if the planned third shift goes into effect by October. If that happens I can see the stock jumping 20% immediately. Long term if Rivian keeps it up. Partnerships with Mercedes goes well, Amazon doesnt do something crazy like pull out completely from their investment. Then a $75 target in 12 months is very doable - this is completely disregarding the macro environment if the economy shifts into recession, in which case everything I have stated before is moot.

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

RtOnelove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rt1, Ford bronco
you mean or Amazon will buy them out.
No, I didn't mean that. I don't think they would. I think it's more likely for ford or another conventional automaker to scoop up the assets and service parts supply line while killing it off. I don't think Amazon wants to get into the car business, or they would have already, not wait and see if rivian needs a rescue.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

No, I didn't mean that. I don't think they would. I think it's more likely for ford or another conventional automaker to scoop up the assets and service parts supply line while killing it off. I don't think Amazon wants to get into the car business, or they would have already, not wait and see if rivian needs a rescue.
I think the Bezos elon rivalry is stronger than you think. I wouldn't put it past Bezos anyway and the vans are really a nice asset for Amazon would be worth taking it just for that. I doubt that will ever happen but i just don't see the company disappearing at this point.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Happy to read this. More notably, had been wondering where they stood with pre-orders. This says 98,000. I think I remember it being about 50,000 before the March 1st Price Hike. I know a lot of people cancelled their orders after the price hike. Many reinstated those orders, but not all. So, looks like they've had at least another 50,000 reservations made AFTER the price hike, which is great news for the company. And that's considering a $1,000 deposit. Other companies can boast larger reservation numbers, but only required $100 deposits. More likely that people willing to place $1,000 deposits are more serious about following through. I was one of them that hesitated until I was sure I wanted one. Yet, I have probably 8 $100 deposits out there on other future EV's.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2022...hoo-host&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article
I would love to see this. But Fool.com invented clickbait.
Sponsored