Sponsored

Stearing Wheel In Leather

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
I didn't read anything about a leather steering wheel. longevity makes that esential in my opinion. I love my salads but I pass on the term Vegan.
Sponsored

Dr. Byrd

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2001 Mustang GT convertible
Occupation
Professor, consultant, farmer
Is ”Vegan Leather” just a fancy way of saying “Synthetic Leather” or is it actually leather made from Vegans? :)

Seriously though, the steering wheel in the LE and Adventure trim look to be wrapped - you can see the stitching in some photos. I would expect it to be the same synthetic leather as the rest of the interior and to be pretty durable.

“I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants.”

― A. Whitney Brown

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Vegan leather is
1)Cheap
2)Politically correct

Dr. Byrd

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2001 Mustang GT convertible
Occupation
Professor, consultant, farmer
I've seen some of the new synthetic polymers that are quite impressive. Supple, tough, robust colors & textures, long wearing, etc. And given that they are new & "high tech" and probably fairly involved to manufacture, they are not inexpensive. We will see what Rivian selects, but given their MO on the rest of the aspects of the vehicles (e.g., Chilewich floor mats), I'm hoping for some pretty swank "vegan" leather.

Sponsored

Hexijen

First Name
Caley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Glacier/Ocean Coast, 20AT, Offroad
Clubs

RJ is vegan and one of the reps at Fully Charged Live said the vehicle is vegan, so it would appear that the choice is based on values and not for political correctness. I consider it a good move to capture the entirety of the target market, since the current configuration is a strong selling point for some, but probably isn't a deal breaker for anyone. After all, owning one vegan item doesn't make you a vegan

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I didn't read anything about a leather steering wheel. longevity makes that esential in my opinion. I love my salads but I pass on the term Vegan.
Just think about it this way, if it's all vegan you just have that many more animals you can eat to make up for it... I need a steak.
Sponsored