Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I currently have a 2022 Rivian R1T Adventure on my Progressive Insurance policy. 100/300/100 coverage, $1k deductible for collision and comprehensive. The cost to insure this vehicle just went up to $800 every 6 months.

When adding my new 2023 Rivian R1S Launch Edition to the policy, I couldn't easily add it online because the vehicle is not in their system being so new. I called Progressive and they could not assess the value of the vehicle "because it is a special edition" and to insure it they would have to add a Stated Amount Endorsement. I gave them the MSRP of $98k for the stated amount. All coverage equal to the R1T, the price was $1400 for 6 months making my total premium $2300 for 6 months.

Has anyone successfully insured a 2023 R1S LE with progressive without having to get stated amount coverage?

What's unfortunate is my original R1S matched to me was a 2022 Adventure and that would have been over $100 less a month to insure. Not happy about paying almost $1500 a year extra for insurance just because I have a wristband to unlock the car and a little badge on the dash that says "Launch Edition " 😂
Sponsored

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
I gave up on progressive because of this. Rivian insurance quoted me $850/six months with the same coverage as my progressive policy and then I added in my homeowners and ended up saving about $500 a year total.

Progressive wanted about $2400/year for the 23 r1s LE

OP
OP

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I gave up on progressive because of this. Rivian insurance quoted me $850/six months with the same coverage as my progressive policy and then I added in my homeowners and ended up saving about $500 a year total.

Progressive wanted about $2400/year for the 23 r1s LE
Thanks for this example. I'm emailing the Rivian insurance email now. Last year they quoted me more than Progressive but now Progressive is much higher.

I'll need to see how much Progressive homeowners insurance goes up if I drop my auto policy.

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
Thanks for this example. I'm emailing the Rivian insurance email now. Last year they quoted me more than Progressive but now Progressive is much higher.

I'll need to see how much Progressive homeowners insurance goes up if I drop my auto policy.
Yeah my progressive declarations page for home owners told me exactly how much I would lose without the bundle. The fact that progressive didn’t even have rivian listed online made me skeptical

OP
OP

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Yeah my progressive declarations page for home owners told me exactly how much I would lose without the bundle. The fact that progressive didn’t even have rivian listed online made me skeptical
Ooo thanks for this info! Saves me a call to my agent on Tuesday.

Sponsored

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Move out to CO and you’ll be thankful that your insurance is that cheap.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
We left Progressive this month because of insuring anR1S. We went through Costco for our insurance which was much lower than progressive and Rivian.
Rivian was better than progressive
I think Rivian covered the most though so
I didn’t think they were being outrageous but progressive just shocked me

OP
OP

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

We left Progressive this month because of insuring anR1S. We went through Costco for our insurance which was much lower than progressive and Rivian.
Rivian was better than progressive
I think Rivian covered the most though so
I didn’t think they were being outrageous but progressive just shocked me
Who was the insurance underwritten by when you went through Costco?

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Who was the insurance underwritten by when you went through Costco?
I believe it is called Connect powers by American Family Insurance

Sponsored

Rivncoaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
I currently have a 2022 Rivian R1T Adventure on my Progressive Insurance policy. 100/300/100 coverage, $1k deductible for collision and comprehensive. The cost to insure this vehicle just went up to $800 every 6 months.

When adding my new 2023 Rivian R1S Launch Edition to the policy, I couldn't easily add it online because the vehicle is not in their system being so new. I called Progressive and they could not assess the value of the vehicle "because it is a special edition" and to insure it they would have to add a Stated Amount Endorsement. I gave them the MSRP of $98k for the stated amount. All coverage equal to the R1T, the price was $1400 for 6 months making my total premium $2300 for 6 months.

Has anyone successfully insured a 2023 R1S LE with progressive without having to get stated amount coverage?

What's unfortunate is my original R1S matched to me was a 2022 Adventure and that would have been over $100 less a month to insure. Not happy about paying almost $1500 a year extra for insurance just because I have a wristband to unlock the car and a little badge on the dash that says "Launch Edition " 😂
Weird, I have had my R1S LE insured through progressive since Oct Last year.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
If it makes you feel any better, I pay 800 every 6 months for my 2011 Touareg.

OP
OP

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs