Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

I tried that. Unfortunately they'll only insure it based on the VIN.
Yeah makes sense. I would call them once a month and see if they have an update...for $1400ay be cheaper to switch to Rivian or another provider.

I had a bad experience with Progressive in 2006. Horrible 5 months ordeal on a total loss. Wife refuses to ever consider progressive again.
Sponsored

Rs6er

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru, Chevrolet
I currently have a 2022 Rivian R1T Adventure on my Progressive Insurance policy. 100/300/100 coverage, $1k deductible for collision and comprehensive. The cost to insure this vehicle just went up to $800 every 6 months.

When adding my new 2023 Rivian R1S Launch Edition to the policy, I couldn't easily add it online because the vehicle is not in their system being so new. I called Progressive and they could not assess the value of the vehicle "because it is a special edition" and to insure it they would have to add a Stated Amount Endorsement. I gave them the MSRP of $98k for the stated amount. All coverage equal to the R1T, the price was $1400 for 6 months making my total premium $2300 for 6 months.

Has anyone successfully insured a 2023 R1S LE with progressive without having to get stated amount coverage?

What's unfortunate is my original R1S matched to me was a 2022 Adventure and that would have been over $100 less a month to insure. Not happy about paying almost $1500 a year extra for insurance just because I have a wristband to unlock the car and a little badge on the dash that says "Launch Edition " 😂
I just spoke to my Safeco agent. Without a VIN, she quoted about $1500/year.