Sponsored

Starred Gear Guard video clips - How to?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

UI for dummies question here... in the Gear Guard interface there are three categories: Alarm, ___, and Starred (can't recall the middle specific term). The whole concept of the Starred clips is obviously to select and preserve them. But damned if I can figure out HOW to Star a clip. There doesn't seem to be obvious "star" icon to hit when you pick a file and it gets that green dot. I bet its something silly easy but again I just don't get it.

Has anyone starred and saved a video clip on the system? If so, how? :headbang:
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
When you're viewing/playing a video there is a star button. I think it's on the right.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Ah... that's a possibility. I'm typically trying to Star a file after viewing it and then back on the main page that lines up the clip file avatars. That's where you'd think a Star button would (also) be available. If you tap a fileset icon and get the green dot on it there should be a Star icon pop-up then that can be selected. It seems more intuitive that way to me.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Ah... that's a possibility. I'm typically trying to Star a file after viewing it and then back on the main page that lines up the clip file avatars. That's where you'd think a Star button would (also) be available. If you tap a fileset icon and get the green dot on it there should be a Star icon pop-up then that can be selected. It seems more intuitive that way to me.
Yea, it probably should be in both places... I've only starred when looking at the video, however, as it records 5 camera views for each event, and usually only 1 or 2 are relevant/useful, so it's nice to only star the ones I actually want to save.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Peace. and thanks for edumakating me today :D

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I always thought you "starred" it by pressing the select button, then clicking on the clips you want to star. Maybe I'm crazy though, and that's something different.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
How much video can be stored and is there a way to add a memory card etc?
Not sure how much storage there is built-in. It doesn't tell you.

You can plug a USB-C thumb drive into one of the ports in the center console and download videos... But they're always recorded to the built-in storage, and adding a thumb drive only lets you transfer existing videos -- it does not expand the storage available for recording.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Maybe a crazy coincidence... but I Starred my first vid clip to save it. That worked fine. But now Gear Guard simply doesnt activate at all. Zero more clips since I starred one a couple days ago. I checked the obvious making sure it was turned on in the vehicle menu. Also clicked it off and back on again in case it needed to "cycle." The On all the time option is also picked which it was from day one.

Basically Gear Guard has stopped working and I cannot figure out why.... ⁉
Sponsored