Sponsored

Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease: Call Service (Edit: WRONG)

Phrogz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
phrogz.net
Vehicles
'66 Ford Jeep, '01 SLK 32AMG, '10 Wrangler, '19 Q7
Occupation
Autonomous Driving Software
I used the Rivian app to report 3 issues 14 days ago, and since then have reported a few more. (Seatbelt installed backwards, panel misalignment, powered tonneau cover acting flaky, and then later fully broken down, broken plastic wrap around beneath passenger seat, hotspot stopped working, …)

I was never contacted by service to schedule an appointment. Finally got annoyed and called them today, and they scheduled a service appointment with me for this Tuesday. (Could have been Monday, but rep wanted to ensure there was time for parts to be pre-ordered.)

The app looks like a nice way to record problems, but Rivian Service continues to be staffed by nice people who seem to be struggling to stay organized.

Don't wait unnecessarily long; call (855) RIVIAN-5 to get your service scheduled. Apparently it's what's needed. 🤷‍♂️😬

---

Edit: I need to eat crow and apologize. With the uptick in spam calls, I have my phone set to send unrecognized numbers straight to voicemail, and I forgot to check it. Rivian Service called me 5 times before I called them, from the very day I filed the first report and every 2-3 days thereafter.

Tip: Add a contact for Rivian Service with the number 855-748-4265 to your phone so you don't look like this idiot.
Sponsored

Last edited:

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Based on personal experience and reports from others, don’t count on them ordering any parts in advance.

Also a good idea to take good, detailed pics of your vehicle before dropping off in case anything gets damaged during repair process.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Coming out on the other side of my first service I'd agree, calling a couple of weeks after creating a ticket miraculously created a service plan and allowed me to schedule a date.

OP
OP
Phrogz

Phrogz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
phrogz.net
Vehicles
'66 Ford Jeep, '01 SLK 32AMG, '10 Wrangler, '19 Q7
Occupation
Autonomous Driving Software
I need to eat crow and apologize. With the uptick in spam calls, I have my phone set to send unrecognized numbers straight to voicemail, and I forgot to check it. Rivian Service called me 5 times before I called them, from the very day I filed the first report and every 2-3 days thereafter.

This entire post is basically incorrect for me. Sorry, Rivian!
Sponsored