Sponsored

Squeaky Steering Wheel

countab45

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t white, locked tonneau in open position...
Greetings, among a few squeaks and rattles in the cabin which annoy me during driving the one which is really killing me right now, is the squeaky steering wheel. it's really noticeable at low speeds turning the wheel in either direction past center. getting out of the driveway, setting off, going around corners from a standstill, maneuvering in parking lots. oh, it never stops, squeak, squeak, squeak goes the wheel...

maybe i record it on my phone and send it to the service dept? is that a thing?

any ideas or service fixes people have had?

thanks,
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Greetings, among a few squeaks and rattles in the cabin which annoy me during driving the one which is really killing me right now, is the squeaky steering wheel. it's really noticeable at low speeds turning the wheel in either direction past center. getting out of the driveway, setting off, going around corners from a standstill, maneuvering in parking lots. oh, it never stops, squeak, squeak, squeak goes the wheel...

maybe i record it on my phone and send it to the service dept? is that a thing?

any ideas or service fixes people have had?

thanks,
Yes, they will want to hear it and I believe there is an option to upload a video in the app when creating the ticket. I have a squeaky driver-side wiper...but since it doesn't rain much in South Texas, I've let it go.

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
Yes, please record the sound and post it here. I have a slight squeak too in similar conditions as yours but it is barely noticable and is not increasing so i will probably live with it.

OP
OP
countab45

countab45

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, please record the sound and post it here. I have a slight squeak too in similar conditions as yours but it is barely noticable and is not increasing so i will probably live with it.
Will do. mine has gotten worse over the 2k miles i have now driven. slowly then suddenly in the last two weeks.

BoIsADog

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach-E
I put in a service ticket for this squeaky wheel and have an appointment in June 12th. It didn't sound like it was going to be a problem at all for them.

Sponsored

eRacer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Ours sqeaks and creaks when it adjusts itself when we enter/exit the vehicle. It's in for service and the service advisor made it sound like she knew what the issue was. She claims that the "parts need to be lubricated".

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
Same here. Ticket in (with video) and going in 6/12 for service (I have a couple of other things they need to fix as well)

OP
OP
countab45

countab45

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
have not had a chance to record it. it might not come through well on camera. mine squeaks when turning the wheel near center line so it’s most noticeable in parking lots before i get up to speed.

Kgautam28

First Name
Gautam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad, Mustang mache GT, Range Rover Velar
Occupation
Software
I have the same. Technician said it could be a rubber/silicone trim rubbing against metal or plastic trim
Sponsored