RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My buddy took these today.

Rivian R1T R1S Spotted R1T @ San Jose Whole Foods Rivian R1T prototype spotted San Jose 3
Rivian R1T R1S Spotted R1T @ San Jose Whole Foods Rivian R1T prototype spotted San Jose 2
Rivian R1T R1S Spotted R1T @ San Jose Whole Foods Rivian R1T prototype spotted San Jose 1
Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Really astonishing how "slammed" the air suspension allows. And it must have manual settings since this is obviously not for aero-efficiency in a parking lot vs. on the open highway.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Really astonishing how "slammed" the air suspension allows. And it must have manual settings since this is obviously not for aero-efficiency in a parking lot vs. on the open highway.
The shape shifting sport truck. ?✌???❤

ahsfca

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport SVR
Occupation
Designer
I'm guessing it's similar to my Range Rover sport SVR -- goes into "access" height automatically when parking and then returns to "normal" height when you start driving away. With mine if you manually put it in access height it will go back to normal when you hit 10mph I think it is otherwise you feel every bump. But yeah in addition to making it easier to get in and out, it looks really cool when the wheels fill the wells and there is no gap. Especially with 22's. I hope the Rivian is the same because it's great.

Sponsored

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
I belong to a forum watching a lowered pickup truck pull up to Whole Foods for some Beyond Meat and organic quinoa salad. Where do I surrender my guy card?
Do a tank turn, you’ll be alright.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Oh for...... a “guy card” joke, really? How gauche.

Last edited:

ohmman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model X LR, 2014 Model S P85
I belong to a forum watching a lowered pickup truck pull up to Whole Foods for some Beyond Meat and organic quinoa salad. Where do I surrender my guy card?
You belong to a forum that enjoys seeing Rivians in the wild. Where they may be is unimportant. And for all you know, those two guys might be heading into Whole Foods for some beef tenderloin and local beer.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I'm guessing it's similar to my Range Rover sport SVR -- goes into "access" height automatically when parking and then returns to "normal" height when you start driving away. With mine if you manually put it in access height it will go back to normal when you hit 10mph I think it is otherwise you feel every bump. But yeah in addition to making it easier to get in and out, it looks really cool when the wheels fill the wells and there is no gap. Especially with 22's. I hope the Rivian is the same because it's great.
...yeah well notice my Range Rover profile photo when I sold it to Carmax...suspension completely failed after spending $8k on aforementioned suspension the previous 1.5 years prior and need another $12k in repairs when it would only be worth 6k after. $80k suv cost $160k over 9 years. Land Rover is the reason I’m buying a Rivian, so I hope to god it has nothing similar to a flipping Range Rover. Land Rover sucks!!

Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
You belong to a forum that enjoys seeing Rivians in the wild. Where they may be is unimportant. And for all you know, those two guys might be heading into Whole Foods for some beef tenderloin and local beer.
I’ll spot you the Beef Tenderloin and local beer, and I’ll even give you Bezo’s $ at Whole Foods for some RAN chargers, but I’m struggling with a pickup truck looking lower than a Honda Ridgeline on 22’s that is supposed to be a GameChanger for the typical American Truck buyer.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I have to admit, I found this pretty funny. To Ohmman’s point, these guys may have been looking for all kinds of “Adventurous” food and drink (and I hope they were), but it might have been cooler if they were spotted outside of REI, Cabela’s, Harbor Freight, or a BBQ/Honky Tonk. Maybe even an Amazon Fulfillment Center would have been an upgrade. All that aside, I appreciate any sightings being shared in the various Forums.

I’d be pleased to spot one pulling up to a David’s Bridal Shop. Just the thought of seeing a Rivian “in the wild” makes me want to devour an entire bowl of tofu, with the gluten-free noodles! No matter where they’re spotted, I’m just happy we get a short day tomorrow to get us that much closer to June. Don’t forget to set your clocks forward an hour tonight. I prefer to turn them back 23 hours to get an extra Saturday, but that’s just me and we’re still a free country. Do what works best for you...

Last edited:

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
According to the website, it is selectable. I know we've lost some features since the prototypes, but I can't think of anything on the current site that has been proven to be untrue.

acacia328

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram Limited, 2010 Ford F-150 Platinum, Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
My RAM had 5 ride height options: Entry/Exit, Normal, Aero, Off-road 1 and off-road 2.All could be set manually with the selector switch on the dash.

Normal and Aero where also dynamic based upon speed. I would expect this will be basically the same on the Rivian with the exception of it being a screen option rather than a physical button/switch
Sponsored