Sponsored

ohmman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model X LR, 2014 Model S P85
I’ll spot you the Beef Tenderloin and local beer, and I’ll even give you Bezo’s $ at Whole Foods for some RAN chargers, but I’m struggling with a pickup truck looking lower than a Honda Ridgeline on 22’s that is supposed to be a GameChanger for the typical American Truck buyer.
Dropped is not my look, either. Neither is jacked up, though, especially not on city streets and parking lots. Having an air ride with a significant range should satisfy most buyers and tastes.

As mentioned upthread, it's entirely possible that the air suspension drops at speed, as my Teslas always have. It improves aerodynamics and extends range. Maybe they just got off of the highway and it hasn't returned to standard height yet.
Sponsored

ahsfca

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport SVR
Occupation
Designer
...yeah well notice my Range Rover profile photo when I sold it to Carmax...suspension completely failed after spending $8k on aforementioned suspension the previous 1.5 years prior and need another $12k in repairs when it would only be worth 6k after. $80k suv cost $160k over 9 years. Land Rover is the reason I’m buying a Rivian, so I hope to god it has nothing similar to a flipping Range Rover. Land Rover sucks!!
I also had an L320 like yours. Owned it for 7 years and 100k miles and it was really great but not nearly as good as my 2018 SVR. My L320 was just as reliable as my past 3 Audi's but service is more expensive. Anyway these are not the kind of used vehicles to sink money into. It will cost more than a Toyota and most people have the wrong expectation and get disappointed. Used BMW's, Benz's and Porsches can also cost a lot to maintain when the mileage gets up there.

I ordered an R1S because it's the first electric vehicle that is most like a real SUV and not a rounded crossover. Some real utility and even faster than the SVR, and being cheaper is a nice bonus.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Dropped is not my look, either. Neither is jacked up, though, especially not on city streets and parking lots. Having an air ride with a significant range should satisfy most buyers and tastes.

As mentioned upthread, it's entirely possible that the air suspension drops at speed, as my Teslas always have. It improves aerodynamics and extends range. Maybe they just got off of the highway and it hasn't returned to standard height yet.
Can someone do me a render of the R1T looking like this...?

Rivian R1T R1S Spotted R1T @ San Jose Whole Foods 966B3283-DD98-4739-9F85-AAA3803EBAE3

Sponsored

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

Shopping at Whole Foods probably aligns with a lot of this demographic.
I’d like Bezos to install charges RAN chargers there
I may be in the minority then as I have only set foot in a Whole Foods once. I have a big family and would rather see chargers at Costco :)

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I would be happier with having chargers at both Costco and Whole Foods.
I don't need either. I have two EVSEs at my house and both Costco and Whole Foods are well within range without needing a charge to get home :whew:

Give me RAN locations that let me go places I otherwise couldn't.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
I don't need either. I have two EVSEs at my house and both Costco and Whole Foods are well within range without needing a charge to get home :whew:

Give me RAN locations that let me go places I otherwise couldn't.
Whole Foods falls into the bucket of "places I would be willing to stop en route for 20-30 minutes on a road trip". Costco, less so.

I wouldn't be using the chargers at my local Whole Foods, but we did stop at quite a few of them when we were traveling around the country in our Sprinter.