Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Financial Trader
Hey all,

First post here as a long-time fan, and hopeful owner of one of these great vehicles! My wife and I happened to be in the area (08/14/22) and we decided to take a quick detour to see if we could view any Rivian products "up close".

We had absolutely no idea what to expect, but to our surprise, not only were there numerous "real" R1T's scattered throughout the "front" and "side" (pictured) lots, I felt we hit jackpot even just seeing a R1S (Launch Green) conveniently parked right next to a R1T (Forest Green) - both were within a section of the lot marked for PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) and featured rear-view mirror placards indicating that too! It was nice to see both shades of green in person and compare the two. We didn't stay too long but I managed to snap just a few quick photos to share with you all.

My personal takeaways:
  • I'm regretting big-time not securing a Launch Edition, that Launch Green is gorgeous
  • Limestone is fantastic in person, I was able to confirm thanks to the sticker indicating said color on what appears to be an existing customer vehicle
  • Loving the size of the R1S, and it looked pretty roomy!

I'm a rather late reservation holder, so it's going to be *a long time* until I get a chance to configure anything, but figured I'd share my excitement with you all - in case this was someone's truck they were soon going to take delivery of. What was particularly interesting is the R1T that was getting prepped for delivery had a large sticker on the window featuring a QR code of its VIN but also a date (06/28/22) - my guess it was the production or transport date? If your VIN ends in 8448 for a Forest Green R1T, that's probably your truck!

IMG_8082 Large.jpeg

IMG_8083 Large.jpeg

IMG_8084 Large.jpeg

IMG_8085 Large.jpeg

IMG_8086 Large.jpeg

IMG_8087 Large.jpeg

IMG_8090 Large.jpeg

IMG_8091 Large.jpeg
What was the VIN number of the R1S? Thanks
Sponsored

R1Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
No idea what is so appealing to people about LG lol. Forest green looks so much better to me.
It's... Free? Forest Green looks better to me as well.. but I'm pushing my limits on this SUV, so I'm saving every dollar I can haha

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
Thanks for posting. I finally get to see an actual photo of my R1S configuration: launch green with the 21" wheels.

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Hey all,

First post here as a long-time fan, and hopeful owner of one of these great vehicles! My wife and I happened to be in the area (08/14/22) and we decided to take a quick detour to see if we could view any Rivian products "up close".

We had absolutely no idea what to expect, but to our surprise, not only were there numerous "real" R1T's scattered throughout the "front" and "side" (pictured) lots, I felt we hit jackpot even just seeing a R1S (Launch Green) conveniently parked right next to a R1T (Forest Green) - both were within a section of the lot marked for PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) and featured rear-view mirror placards indicating that too! It was nice to see both shades of green in person and compare the two. We didn't stay too long but I managed to snap just a few quick photos to share with you all.

My personal takeaways:
  • I'm regretting big-time not securing a Launch Edition, that Launch Green is gorgeous
  • Limestone is fantastic in person, I was able to confirm thanks to the sticker indicating said color on what appears to be an existing customer vehicle
  • Loving the size of the R1S, and it looked pretty roomy!

I'm a rather late reservation holder, so it's going to be *a long time* until I get a chance to configure anything, but figured I'd share my excitement with you all - in case this was someone's truck they were soon going to take delivery of. What was particularly interesting is the R1T that was getting prepped for delivery had a large sticker on the window featuring a QR code of its VIN but also a date (06/28/22) - my guess it was the production or transport date? If your VIN ends in 8448 for a Forest Green R1T, that's probably your truck!

IMG_8082 Large.jpeg

IMG_8083 Large.jpeg

IMG_8084 Large.jpeg

IMG_8085 Large.jpeg

IMG_8086 Large.jpeg

IMG_8087 Large.jpeg

IMG_8090 Large.jpeg

IMG_8091 Large.jpeg
Beautiful--really gorgeous. Thanks for posting--it helps keep the dream alive.

Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Drove by there earlier (on the wrong way to the airport).
Lots of Ts. The S was sandwiched in the front.

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
R1S going home soon.

Just the fact it's sitting there makes me feel better.

The greens, well, they make me want to start a service to find missing green Rivian in the forest, because you'll never find them again once you park. :CWL:
Sponsored