Spotify Integration

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Back off topic again - YouTube Music has gotten better. You no longer have a shared watch history. Only the search history seems to be shared. You might get some weird looks if you recently searched for "Hot Legs" on youtube music from your phone and then someone sees your search history on your TV app but at least your video feed isn't filled with music videos...
Unfortunately, my video feed is very much filled with music videos and playlists for music. It's consistently around 30 - 50 % of my feed. That's without ever having watched a music video.

This probably wouldn't annoy me if YouTube and YouTube Music were always the same service, but this is a user experience issue that Google added with no way (that I can find) to shut off...
Sponsored

RobBot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
The comments here are exactly why I wish Rivian integrated Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Oh well...
100%. Great, they have spotify integration. You know what they probably don't have? My weird podcast app that I love. I'm not transferring listen history to spotify or anything else. Android Auto works seamlessly with it.

Not like a dealbreaker or anything, just annoying, especially because they could have both.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
100%. Great, they have spotify integration. You know what they probably don't have? My weird podcast app that I love. I'm not transferring listen history to spotify or anything else. Android Auto works seamlessly with it.

Not like a dealbreaker or anything, just annoying, especially because they could have both.
Yeah, the podcast queue is the biggest thing I'm expecting to have to use my phone and Bluetooth audio for. Since I need to be able to listen to it outside the car as well, transferring to a different app isn't an option, and duplicating will just be a pain in the ass.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Man, this old dog will have to learn some new tricks fast! I was just happy my first few cars had AM radios with one crappy speaker in the dashboard. Then along came FM stereo, with, count 'em, two speakers, in the doors. It was magical! In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, the full length version, limited commercials, and cool DJs. What could be better?

But wait! Then along comes the 8-Track, then the cassette, then CDs, followed by satellite radio and Bluetooth connected phones. Now there are all of these music apps, streaming services, and phone systems. Today, it's tough to find a new vehicle with a CD player in the dash. (OK, the timing and sequence of these devlopments may be off a little, but give me a break! I grew up in the 60's! I'm off a little, myself).

From conversations with the Engagement Center, they were clear that having in-house control over every aspect of the user interface and audio control system was critical. That meant not ceding control to outsiders like the Apple/Google/Androids of the world. That has to suck for those who are all in on one of those platforms. In that satellite radio is a different animal from those phone-based systems, I hope it survives. I happen to prefer the variety of random music they deliver while using music stored in my phone to play specific artists or "albums". If XM/Sirius doesn't make the cut, they promised their proprietary system would still be "an amazing experience with awesome sound and functionality".

Given that Rivian is partnering with Meridian, I'll take them at their word. That said, now, I JUST WANT TO SEE AND HEAR THE DARNED THING!!!

I need to learn whatever new tricks I'll need to know before deliveries begin. I want to start my Rivian adventure with the accompaniment of Iron Butterfly and that long version of the Greatest. Song. Ever!

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Talking about Spotify, Alex Honnold was in a podcast and he talked about Rivian.
The host "didn't know" Honnold was sponsored by them.
~min 93

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Talking about Spotify, Alex Honnold was in a podcast and he talked about Rivian.
~min 93
Being sponsored by Rivian is almost worth free climbing and yet not even close... The skill, concentration and athletic ability of Alex is indescribable... otherworldly or supernatural are the closest thing I can think of but even those don't do it justice. I sincerely hope he is able to find safer outlets to challenge and push his limits.

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Not surprised. Most 'news' people now a days do not do research on the people they interview. They just wing it and want the 'click thrus'.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
I could be wrong and I don't want to burst the bubble of excitement over this, but I know in my Honda Ridgeline, if I'm playing music over Bluetooth from my phone, and playing from Spotify, the album art shows up on the screen on the dash. Could be the case here.

Again, I hope I'm wrong and it's a true Spotify integration, but just something I noticed.

OP
OP
damonator5000

damonator5000

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I could be wrong and I don't want to burst the bubble of excitement over this, but I know in my Honda Ridgeline, if I'm playing music over Bluetooth from my phone, and playing from Spotify, the album art shows up on the screen on the dash. Could be the case here.

Again, I hope I'm wrong and it's a true Spotify integration, but just something I noticed.
In the screen grab, it’s the Spotify playlist art and song list that are visible, not the specific song’s album art. So hopefully that means full integration and not just Bluetooth connectivity.
Sponsored