Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I thought the exact opposite. Stiff is a bit softer now and less aggressive, throttle maybe mapped better but the feedback on suspension in sport/stiff got worse.
I obviously don't have hard numbers, but I agree that sport/lowest/stiff feels less aggressive now. Ride feel doesn't necessarily translate into how well the wheels stay planted. Not sure if it's even possible to get the truck rolled back to the previous update to do a real comparison anymore.
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I obviously don't have hard numbers, but I agree that sport/lowest/stiff feels less aggressive now. Ride feel doesn't necessarily translate into how well the wheels stay planted. Not sure if it's even possible to get the truck rolled back to the previous update to do a real comparison anymore.

I have a testing road I have taken almost everyday for the past 7+ years, before where I could drive like 80% stupid and feel good I had to dial it back to like 68% stupid lol. Road has a few sharp right and left handers and down hill elevation change then uphill within a span of 1 total mile haha tons of fun.

OP
OP
Donald Stanfield

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
This. Just because the suspension is more forging over bumps it doesn’t mean it’s worse cornering. I don’t notice any handling difference personally and I drive pretty hard with ideal roads for testing that sort of thing out.

My guess is what they did was change the rebound speed when it recognizes a bump but not when a progressive steady load is applied such as in cornering. This is a major advantage with this type of suspension, the truck can recognize different types of shock on the suspension and respond appropriately.

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
Sport/lowest before this update I felt like some of the 2022 F1 cars bouncing all over the place after hitting a bump. I think they tamed that some which makes it more usable. I've not really tried to do enough aggressive driving to discern which would actually be better performance.

Rivian R1T R1S Sport Mode 2.0 is much more responsive after 2022.47.0 software update! CharlesLeclercBounceGIF

staytuned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Can you guys share what the different modes feel like? Does the soft mode feel like a MB or Lexus ride? Does the sport mode feel like a Porsche? These are example. I'm not necessarily saying they compare because I don't have the car in my hands yet. Cheers.
In my mind, All Purpose/Standard height/Soft felt kind of like MB GLS comfort mode. Standard/Sport was close to the MB/BMW “sport” feeling.

Low and lowest suspension were ROUGH on our poor roads In any mode. That’s improved now. I don’t have enough miles on this release yet to compare it to another vehicle, but hopefully that helps.

Sponsored

TeslaToRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Following this closely. I apologize for posting my concern in several threads, but this one seems to address my concerns the best. I have 22" tires (mistake?) and have noticed that bumpy roads at low speeds are pretty harsh in sport mode - very bumpy. You can really feel it. I just started playing with all-purpose mode, so I don't have a full impression yet.

Specifically with respect to the suspension and ride quality, have you found the difference between sport and all-purpose to be significant? If all-purpose is considerably more smooth, it's the difference between my keeping the vehicle and using the 7 day return policy.

OP
OP
Donald Stanfield

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Following this closely. I apologize for posting my concern in several threads, but this one seems to address my concerns the best. I have 22" tires (mistake?) and have noticed that bumpy roads at low speeds are pretty harsh in sport mode - very bumpy. You can really feel it. I just started playing with all-purpose mode, so I don't have a full impression yet.

Specifically with respect to the suspension and ride quality, have you found the difference between sport and all-purpose to be significant? If all-purpose is considerably more smooth, it's the difference between my keeping the vehicle and using the 7 day return policy.

Yeah all purpose is significantly smoother in terms of ride quality. I notice in areas where the road quality is significantly bad switching to all purpose was like a different truck.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired

The 22” wheels don’t help. While sport lowest hieght may bounce a bit more than all purpose mode, it’s quite acceptable on 20” ATs.

TeslaToRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
The 22” wheels don’t help. While sport lowest hieght may bounce a bit more than all purpose mode, it’s quite acceptable on 20” ATs.
Interesting. If they are willing to take the car back within 7 days, I wonder if they'd be willing to take the tires/wheels back in the first week?!?

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Interesting. If they are willing to take the car back within 7 days, I wonder if they'd be willing to take the tires/wheels back in the first week?!?
You could ask, or present it as take the truck back or swap tires, their choice. I successfully got Tesla to swap, straight across, summer tires for all seasons when I took delivery of my MS Plaid.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
You could ask, or present it as take the truck back or swap tires, their choice. I successfully got Tesla to swap, straight across, summer tires for all seasons when I took delivery of my MS Plaid.
You could also sell or trade the 22s for 21s or 20s here or elsewhere.
Sponsored

Last edited: