Sponsored

jemkewl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yes, thanks.
So, in low, it has not been confirmed or denied if all purpose and sport are the same if stiff or soft for both...
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I thought the exact opposite. Stiff is a bit softer now and less aggressive, throttle maybe mapped better but the feedback on suspension in sport/stiff got worse.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Is it just me or has this latest update made sport mode much more responsive? Previously you had to get pretty deep into the second half of the pedal to feel it and now you can get into the speed pretty easily.

It is much nastier now. I love it, my passengers may not.
I noticed things were snappier in All Purpose mode, by a-lot. Have’t tried Sport mode yet. Definitely a different throttle map.

Sponsored

Alex D

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Business Owner
It feels to me that the drive system response is different/better all around. regen and throttle seems to have less play/lag. I don’t know if anyone else has noticed but the motor whine seems different. It’s almost as if it’s using more of the motors more of the time. This is only my impression after one day, but it was a noticeable difference. This was in all purpose.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Sport mode does seem quicker and I might be crazy but I also feel like the motor whine is louder with it too. Throttle response on sport is much snapper.

Wanna try something fun, switch from sport to snow and see how incredibly slow the throttle response is in snow. It's great for snow but it's pretty shocking to feel how much these trucks change between modes.

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
+1! Stiff mode is so much smoother now and actually usable. I couldn’t bear to use it before

Florida Boy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX300h, Toyota Tacoma
I nearly always drive in All Purpose mode, Standard Height and in Stiff Mode. The Stiff Mode could be a bit harsh before the update. Post update, it is still firm and still gives good road feel without being 'floaty'. Stiff Mode seems a little quieter now, too. Honestly I was a bit surprised this part of the update seemed less prominent in the release notes when it changes the vehicle so much. Sport mode also has better road feel and it does feel a bit faster. Great update!

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I pulled out of work last night in sport with the new update and gave it some the back end came loose and drifted enough I had to counter steer yep didn't do that before. Sweet!

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Downloading now. I'm almost always in sport mode, so can't wait to try this out!
Damn all purpose is so comfortable, I felt that sport is too bouncy on normal roads. If you were driving on fun roads all the time, yeah, but my 31 mile freeway commute isn't great in sport.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
I nearly always drive in All Purpose mode, Standard Height and in Stiff Mode. The Stiff Mode could be a bit harsh before the update. Post update, it is still firm and still gives good road feel without being 'floaty'. Stiff Mode seems a little quieter now, too. Honestly I was a bit surprised this part of the update seemed less prominent in the release notes when it changes the vehicle so much. Sport mode also has better road feel and it does feel a bit faster. Great update!
I'm going to try this. Have you tried all purpose->low->stiff?

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Low is less bouncy than Lowest, but I do switch to All Purpose in some areas, especially speed bumps

OP
OP
Donald Stanfield

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I pulled out of work last night in sport with the new update and gave it some the back end came loose and drifted enough I had to counter steer yep didn't do that before. Sweet!
Yup. I took a turn today and broke all 4 loose. I was prepared for it and have done it before in more race built vehicles. I love this update. A 4 wheel burnout is such a cool feeling, provided you know how to drive out of it of course.
Sponsored