First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
Yesterday 1/24/24 Alexa stopped working. Went through the reset process (infotainment) and it did not resolve the issue. Today, drove the R1-S (2k miles on it) and the console lit up with every alarm possible and restricted speed to 19mph. Found a place to pull over, did a full system reset - no luck - then the brake system failure error appeared and the car was stuck. Rivian sending tow truck and Uber. Anyone else have this issue ?
Sponsored

Kgautam28

First Name
Gautam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad, Mustang mache GT, Range Rover Velar
Occupation
Software
Same for me
Alexa has not been working since the last update

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 24 R1S (El Cap)
Occupation
Content Creation & Real Estate
Clubs

I would ask service to check the 12v battery. When this (lighting up like a christmas tree) happens it usually caused by a weak/failing 12v battery.

sailorsally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Will it not go into park? I had a similar (if not the same) incident last month. On Christmas Day, actually, which made the dash lighting up like a Christmas tree all the more festive. Turns out the Electronic Stability Module had an internal failure. I just got it back today (it was ready over a week ago, but I live 3 hours away from the service center, and since I got my R1T on December 5 and it sh*t the bed on the 25th, I had a minor snit and made them make the 6 hour coastal drive), and she's running fine. Still leaves a bit of a sour taste in your mouth. Good luck!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sroe16

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
I would ask service to check the 12v battery. When this (lighting up like a christmas tree) happens it usually caused by a weak/failing 12v battery.
Thank you - I will - car is only a couple of months old and only has 2500 miles on it.

OP
OP

Sroe16

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
Will it not go into park? I had a similar (if not the same) incident last month. On Christmas Day, actually, which made the dash lighting up like a Christmas tree all the more festive. Turns out the Electronic Stability Module had an internal failure. I just got it back today (it was ready over a week ago, but I live 3 hours away from the service center, and since I got my R1T on December 5 and it sh*t the bed on the 25th, I had a minor snit and made them make the 6 hour coastal drive), and she's running fine. Still leaves a bit of a sour taste in your mouth. Good luck!
It goes into park - just not drive or reverse. Tow service got it into neutral so they did not have to drag it onto the flatbed. I'm on the East Coast and am about 2 hours away from the service center. Hopefully they fix it and bring it back to me. A little disheartened about this but it still is a beautiful SUV.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 24 R1S (El Cap)
Occupation
Content Creation & Real Estate
Clubs

It goes into park - just not drive or reverse. Tow service got it into neutral so they did not have to drag it onto the flatbed. I'm on the East Coast and am about 2 hours away from the service center. Hopefully they fix it and bring it back to me. A little disheartened about this but it still is a beautiful SUV.
They will get you fixed up. Please come back and let us know what service does to fix it. I'm hoping its something simple

OP
OP

Sroe16

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
They will get you fixed up. Please come back and let us know what service does to fix it. I'm hoping its something simple
Car came back Saturday 2/10 after 2 weeks 2 days in service. Rivian replaced a rear wheel harness and speed sensor. Car is back on the road but when I was on my first drive..... the console reboot in the middle of driving - no issues after that though.
The 2nd issue was the problem with Alex disconnecting. That issue continues but it now seems to recover. Still and issue there though.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

had the same issue happen to me after id left the SC for unrelated service work. unfortunately i was already close to home so they had to send a tow truck. turned out to be a speed sensor failure as well. been 3 months, no issues since.

kk3

First Name
Katy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
We just had something similar happen to us today. The car had a "four wheel drive permanently engaged" notification in the morning when my husband got to work. When he was driving home from work, he got some error saying that the right shift bar is disabled, so he was not able to change gears. He did an infotainment reset, then drove it around a parking lot while on the phone with Rivian support. Then the console lit up with all possible errors and it just bricked. The Rivian support called a tow and it's now at the SC. The car thinks it's driving. The head lights were on while it sat facing backwards on the bed of the tow truck. When we check the phone app now, it still thinks it's driving, but with no change in mileage. It sounds like we might have a different part failure, since we didn't get the speed limited to 19 mph thing.
Sponsored