Sponsored

Spare tire availability in Rivian Shop?

fotoflux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Onewheel
I've heard that the company that made the kit for the spare went out of business, so they're probably struggling to source another vendor.
That would make sense as to why the kit is not available readily. Tires are available, just not the kit.
Sponsored

5cats

First Name
jd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Toyota PriusV, BMW R1200GS &F750GS
Occupation
Scientist (Ret.)
Clubs

Same.
I'm surprised annoyed this hasn't been addressed yet. We are getting anxious to use our truck more, but know it'd be pretty irresponsible to go adventuring without a spare tire/kit.
Finally! Found the spare tire kit available in the gear shop this morning and called the number to order. Will be picking up the kit in a few days so I can get out there a little more 'adventurously' at last.

(Blowing steam) I have to say I'm still annoyed and am letting my guide know it:
Like many, my configured $800 spare tire option was removed shortly before delivery only to be replaced with a note to order it separately through the gear store. Now, many months later it's finally available at a whopping $1295 price tag. I really feel gouged by this enormous price increase that makes me consider the company a little differently.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Finally! Found the spare tire kit available in the gear shop this morning and called the number to order. Will be picking up the kit in a few days so I can get out there a little more 'adventurously' at last.

(Blowing steam) I have to say I'm still annoyed and am letting my guide know it:
Like many, my configured $800 spare tire option was removed shortly before delivery only to be replaced with a note to order it separately through the gear store. Now, many months later it's finally available at a whopping $1295 price tag. I really feel gouged by this enormous price increase that makes me consider the company a little differently.
If you have a pdf of the original configuration with the spare at the $800. Call customer service and let them know, they will likely ask you to email them the config you had. Order holders with those items in their configs received a email in December stating that the items that were removed (such as spare, roof rails, floor mats) would be available in the gear shop at the original pre march pricing.

To get the original pricing my understanding is you needed to have it in your config before its removal by Rivian.

5cats

First Name
jd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scientist (Ret.)
Clubs

Thanks for that clarification @Prime; I'm in that group you described, and sent a message to CS. We'll see...

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Thanks for that clarification @Prime; I'm in that group you described, and sent a message to CS. We'll see...
They will honor the $800 pre 3/1 price. I called to order my spare yesterday and mentioned the pre 3/1 price and they said they are honoring that price. You must request the discount. The phone number listed on the spare tire for the Gear Shop is the Service # and that's the best one to call since they have to organize the spare tire pickup with a service center. We added ours to an upcoming appointment.

5cats

First Name
jd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scientist (Ret.)
Clubs

They will honor the $800 pre 3/1 price. I called to order my spare yesterday and mentioned the pre 3/1 price and they said they are honoring that price. You must request the discount. The phone number listed on the spare tire for the Gear Shop is the Service # and that's the best one to call since they have to organize the spare tire pickup with a service center. We added ours to an upcoming appointment.
Resolved!
After a fair bit of searching on their part CS was able to determine the discount applies, and adjusted the cost of my upcoming install appointment accordingly.

While on the phone, CS was initially focused on my configuration prior to 3/1/2022; in fact Rivian moved the spare tire kit (and a couple other options in my configuration) to the gear shop on 12/15/2022 and emailed me of those changes.
Sponsored