First Name
Moises
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Rivian R1T Blue OC
Occupation
Airlines
Just took delivery of my R1T. Ordered the 20" spare originally, and it was moved to the Rivian Shop.
I have gotten Zero info on when they will become available, anyone have any better info?
Not going to Moab without a spare...
Sponsored

TexasCrane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Subaru, R1T
Your local service center may be able to sell you a spare. That’s what I did when I had my r1t in for service a few weeks ago.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
CS told it it would be in the shop at some point. No ETA..

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Zero visibility on availability. It’s been “coming s00n” for months.

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

No current ETA - keep checking back with CS. Good luck!

Sponsored

5cats

First Name
jd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Toyota PriusV, BMW R1200GS &F750GS
Occupation
Scientist (Ret.)
Clubs

Just took delivery of my R1T. Ordered the 20" spare originally, and it was moved to the Rivian Shop.
I have gotten Zero info on when they will become available, anyone have any better info?
Not going to Moab without a spare...
Same.
I'm surprised annoyed this hasn't been addressed yet. We are getting anxious to use our truck more, but know it'd be pretty irresponsible to go adventuring without a spare tire/kit.

5cats

First Name
jd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scientist (Ret.)
Clubs

Same.
I'm surprised annoyed this hasn't been addressed yet. We are getting anxious to use our truck more, but know it'd be pretty irresponsible to go adventuring without a spare tire/kit.
A brief follow-up:
A few days ago I filed a "Missing Full Spare/Service Kit" trouble report via the Rivian app, noting the limitations it puts on usability of the truck.
Soon after I took a call from a Rivian service advisor, who explained the CS locations don't stock spares to resolve this and how to use the gear shop, then closed the ticket. (My only goal of course was to elevate visibility of this issue, and thanked the advisor for the quick response.)

So no progress to report, yet.
But I continue to check the gear shop for a full spare kit -- every day -- as I have done since I receiving the "Hi, I'm Your Rivian Guide" message one month before delivery.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

A brief follow-up:
A few days ago I filed a "Missing Full Spare/Service Kit" trouble report via the Rivian app, noting the limitations it puts on usability of the truck.
Soon after I took a call from a Rivian service advisor, who explained the CS locations don't stock spares to resolve this and how to use the gear shop, then closed the ticket. (My only goal of course was to elevate visibility of this issue, and thanked the advisor for the quick response.)

So no progress to report, yet.
But I continue to check the gear shop for a full spare kit -- every day -- as I have done since I receiving the "Hi, I'm Your Rivian Guide" message one month before delivery.
A very snotty response from them showing you “how to use the gear shop”. If they stocked it then there would be no issue. I am sure some of the apologists on here will support a Rivian in this excessive delay in having spares out.

5cats

First Name
jd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scientist (Ret.)
Clubs

A very snotty response from them showing you “how to use the gear shop”. If they stocked it then there would be no issue. I am sure some of the apologists on here will support a Rivian in this excessive delay in having spares out.
It may have come off that way in my own narrative, but the CSR was super cool, not at all snotty. They just pointed out that the only option to get the spare kit was through the gear shop, and apologized (to me) that the service route couldn't be helpful for this.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

It may have come off that way in my own narrative, but the CSR was super cool, not at all snotty. They just pointed out that the only option to get the spare kit was through the gear shop, and apologized (to me) that the service route couldn't be helpful for this.
Ok that sounds better. I am hoping once it becomes available that mobile service can install it.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Is the R1T supposed to come with a spare? I looked in the compartment under the truck bed and it is empty // no spare
No they are optional but have been back ordered. They should be available in the gear shop at some point for purchase.

911.1 Guy

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Dam Many
Occupation
Finance
Can you just buy a rim and tire from tire rack and use that? It won't match but will be much cheaper.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I've heard that the company that made the kit for the spare went out of business, so they're probably struggling to source another vendor.
Sponsored