South Florida Windshield Repair

GatorRiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green 2023 R1T
Occupation
Executive
Took a sizeable rock to the windshield at speed. Thanks South Florida gravel trucks with unsecured loads, can always count on you.

Anyhow, I'm in the market for a good glass shop in Ft Lauderdale/Pembroke Pines area. Anyone had their windshield replaced in South Florida?
Sponsored

BrianNakata

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2016 Shelby GT350
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
I don't have any direct advise to you regarding shops in FL, but from my experience having my windshield replaced, make sure the shop you use can perform the camera calibration otherwise your truck will have to go to a Rivian service center anyway to have that done.

I chose to just have my local Rivian SC perform the replacement since the repair shop I originally chose could do the replacement, but not the calibration.

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T DM
Love those dump truck down here! In the past I’ve always used Safelite with success, you would have to verify if they can do the windows and calibration. Worse case scenario you end up at the Miami SC.

Elitewillie

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
N/A
Clubs

Had mine replaced at the Rivian Miami Service Center. Easy day. $1800. Sending invoice to Progressive to refund me. While there Rivian scratched my front bumper so that will also need to be replaced. 😂😂🤷🏻‍♂️🤦‍♂️

OP
OP

GatorRiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green 2023 R1T
Occupation
Executive
Had mine replaced at the Rivian Miami Service Center. Easy day. $1800. Sending invoice to Progressive to refund me. While there Rivian scratched my front bumper so that will also need to be replaced. 😂😂🤷🏻‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Thanks. From reading online seems like 1800-3000 is the range. If the Service Center can do for that, I will go that way.

I presume they don't deal with insurance so it is out of pocket and seek reimbursement, right?

Did you have to wait long for replacement?

Sponsored

Elitewillie

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
N/A
Clubs

Thanks. From reading online seems like 1800-3000 is the range. If the Service Center can do for that, I will go that way.

I presume they don't deal with insurance so it is out of pocket and seek reimbursement, right?

Did you have to wait long for replacement?
Pay out of pocket and get reimbursed.

It was like 3-4 days to get into service once I contacted Rivian. I think it depends on size of crack and if it affects safety.

Once I dropped it off took a week to replace. They gave me a loaner. I asked for a similar sized car since we need the space for kids. Make sure you do this. They booked me a Tahoe rental but when I dropped it off they had an R1S loaner so we took that.

Miami staff was nice the whole way through and very helpful. With that being said inspect the hell out of your car when you pick it up.

OP
OP

GatorRiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green 2023 R1T
Occupation
Executive
Pay out of pocket and get reimbursed.

It was like 3-4 days to get into service once I contacted Rivian. I think it depends on size of crack and if it affects safety.

Once I dropped it off took a week to replace. They gave me a loaner. I asked for a similar sized car since we need the space for kids. Make sure you do this. They booked me a Tahoe rental but when I dropped it off they had an R1S loaner so we took that.

Miami staff was nice the whole way through and very helpful. With that being said inspect the hell out of your car when you pick it up.

Thanks for all the advice.

I called and set it up for early Jan. Was hoping for better. I asked the guy how much and he said $1600ish plus tax which is close to yours.

However I later received my estimate over email and it said $3600. Did you get a crazy high estimate too?

Elitewillie

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
N/A
Clubs

Thanks for all the advice.

I called and set it up for early Jan. Was hoping for better. I asked the guy how much and he said $1600ish plus tax which is close to yours.

However I later received my estimate over email and it said $3600. Did you get a crazy high estimate too?
Nope that’s wrong. Hell no. Make sure they aren’t sending you to a “certified” shop. That can be double. Mine was done at the actual Rivian service center. I attached the part of my invoice showing cost.

I got a Jan date for the bumper replacement they need to do. I think it’s because of holidays and all of that. If the crack gets larger call them and they will push it up.

Rivian R1T R1S South Florida Windshield Repair IMG_3821

OP
OP

GatorRiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green 2023 R1T
Occupation
Executive
Nope that’s wrong. Hell no. Make sure they aren’t sending you to a “certified” shop. That can be double. Mine was done at the actual Rivian service center. I attached the part of my invoice showing cost.

I got a Jan date for the bumper replacement they need to do. I think it’s because of holidays and all of that. If the crack gets larger call them and they will push it up.

IMG_3821.jpeg
Thanks for all the help here. I called back said the first invoice was absurd. Got a new one a couple of minutes later for half.

I think the first rep managed to add 2 windshields to my "cart". Now right in line with what you paid.

Thanks again, very helpful.

Elitewillie

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
N/A
Clubs

Thanks for all the help here. I called back said the first invoice was absurd. Got a new one a couple of minutes later for half.

I think the first rep managed to add 2 windshields to my "cart". Now right in line with what you paid.

Thanks again, very helpful.
no problem. These are all new experiences for most of us. Glad I was helpful.
Sponsored