Sponsored

South East PA PPF shops?

OnceYouGoJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Anyone got any experiences with SE PA PPF shops? Good, bad, prices? Planning on doing the XPel package

Thanks!
Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I used Acap films on the mainline (also in Lancaster) for my Mazda MX5 and they did a great job PPF and ceramic coat. Was planning to use them for my R1S. They use Xpel.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

I know Immaculate Paint Protection does great work and has done a few Rivians. Check them out on YouTube.

johnmcgrann

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Hey I got my R1T back from ACAP Films and I think they did a great job and would recommend them. I mostly talked/emailed with a really helpful person named Krystal.

I will note that they wanted to talk me in to an "upgrade". I asked for the $1,500 XPEL front-end version. They offered an option with slightly thicker film, more edge-wrapping, more de-badging. I declined all that and stuck with the regular option. I'm really happy with the results. They have a Rivian there with their upgrade option for you to take a look at to decide for yourself.

I also listened to this podcast episode, but only found it after I got my R1T back. I thought it was pretty interesting and informative about this.

And I'll add that, if you want to keep your Rivian pristine, consider doing this as soon as you can. I had my first rock chip on that front panel within about 4 weeks, and got a couple more along the way before I finally signed up with ACAP.

Sponsored

OP
OP

OnceYouGoJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Awesome, thanks for reporting back! I'm between them and Modern Elix currently. I have a manufacturing paint issue that needs to be fixed by the shop hopefully this week, and then I'm gonna schedule my PPF. Until then I'm just driving super duper slow and leaving tons of room between the car in front of me.

I was gonna do full stealth, but after seeing my Forest Green in person, I think I'm staying gloss. Both Elix and ACAP offered the upsell with coverage on all headlights and gloss black pillars as well as body colored paint... Tempting...

Thanks again!

Hey I got my R1T back from ACAP Films and I think they did a great job and would recommend them. I mostly talked/emailed with a really helpful person named Krystal.

I will note that they wanted to talk me in to an "upgrade". I asked for the $1,500 XPEL front-end version. They offered an option with slightly thicker film, more edge-wrapping, more de-badging. I declined all that and stuck with the regular option. I'm really happy with the results. They have a Rivian there with their upgrade option for you to take a look at to decide for yourself.

I also listened to this podcast episode, but only found it after I got my R1T back. I thought it was pretty interesting and informative about this.

And I'll add that, if you want to keep your Rivian pristine, consider doing this as soon as you can. I had my first rock chip on that front panel within about 4 weeks, and got a couple more along the way before I finally signed up with ACAP.

johnmcgrann

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Awesome, thanks for reporting back! I'm between them and Modern Elix currently. I have a manufacturing paint issue that needs to be fixed by the shop hopefully this week, and then I'm gonna schedule my PPF. Until then I'm just driving super duper slow and leaving tons of room between the car in front of me.

I was gonna do full stealth, but after seeing my Forest Green in person, I think I'm staying gloss. Both Elix and ACAP offered the upsell with coverage on all headlights and gloss black pillars as well as body colored paint... Tempting...

Thanks again!
What shop is fixing the paint? The Rivian-authorized place just up the street from ACAP?

OP
OP

OnceYouGoJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Conestoga Collision in Berwyn. I've got some gouges/chips on the inside of the front door frames. Looks like where a machine grabbed it. Can't even see it when the door is closed. I asked Rivian for a paint code for the black trim there and they said take it to the shop. Conestoga said should be a quick fix, but I think the PPF would wrap there, so I have to get the touchup done first.

What shop is fixing the paint? The Rivian-authorized place just up the street from ACAP?
Sponsored