First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Confused a lot of ppl in folly beach this last week.

Rivian R1T R1S South Carolina, anyone? 1659315306609

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Were you in yours? its not like me to miss one!
Yeah I was turning into Costco at the Woodruff stoplight. There were two lanes of traffic between us so that's probably why.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Sorry I missed you man
Rivian R1T R1S South Carolina, anyone? proud-touched

Me as you drove by, not even glancing in my direction

Just kidding, I'm actually going to be in that area a lot more starting today, I'm sure we will cross paths again.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Hyundai Veloster N R1T & R1S on order
Occupation
Ha ha
I am in Charleston, maybe we could sneak it in the port? LOL , I am just kidding!

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Did my first Charleston to Greenville run last night in the R1T. Pretty ideal conditions, got 2.34 mi/kwh in Conserve with cruise set at 73 for 85kwh used. Driver + for nearly the whole drive. I'll be interested to see what the difference is going back.

shumdit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 and counting….
Clubs

Did my first Charleston to Greenville run last night in the R1T. Pretty ideal conditions, got 2.34 mi/kwh in Conserve with cruise set at 73 for 85kwh used. Driver + for nearly the whole drive. I'll be interested to see what the difference is going back.
I’m making the trip Down to Charleston this weekend!

Sponsored

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hello all from Rock Hill! We took delivery of our Launch Green/Forest Edge R1T in early July and have been loving every minute of it, even with the expected quirks. You may see me at Clemson games this fall as well as making the trek to/from the Charleston area to visit in-laws in Mount Pleasant. Glad to see others here in SC taking and expecting delivery. Can't wait to see more on the road!

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
That's not bad! How do you like driver +? I'm worried it's going to be a downgrade coming from my Tesla's autopilot.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

That's not bad! How do you like driver +? I'm worried it's going to be a downgrade coming from my Tesla's autopilot.
I have no experience with Tesla but I think it's fine. I didn't try to use it in construction zones but other than some semis that couldn't stay in their lane it did a very good job of keeping me centered and following. I do look forward to going truly hands free when the software is ready

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I've used autopilot a decent bit on my brothers Model 3, as well as the Drivers Assist Plus feature on our X5, and here are my thoughts comparing to the Driver+:

At highway speeds on the interstate staying in the same lane, they are all pretty much the same. Driver+ is actually smoother in my opinion at resuming speed after slowing down, but I think that's more a feature of adaptive cruise control. Driver+ can't change lanes yet, and has to be reengaged after changing lanes even though ACC remains on. I wish it auto-resumed Driver+ after the change, or disengaged everything on changing lanes, but it's not a big issue.

Driver+ is nice in that you don't have to apply turning pressure to the wheel, just hold the wheel. This is similar to the X5, which just required you to squeeze the wheel and is a better experience than the Tesla. It was always weird to try to pull the wheel to the side to keep Autopilot on.

For the first time today on a short trip to Charlotte, Driver+ did have a little bit of "waviness" to it where it slightly bounced back and forth instead of being locked dead center of the lane. It wasn't great, but wasn't significant or persistent and I don't think the passengers noticed at all.

The real downside is Driver+ only works on mapped roads, so in my experience it's just the interstates here in SC.

All in all, the time I want it is when I'm cruising on the interstates, and it satisfies that need now. It should only improve over time and gain feature parity in other ways, so I'm happy with it. It's not going to be as fully featured as Autopilot, but does what I need it to do for my use cases. Hope that helps!

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
I've used autopilot a decent bit on my brothers Model 3, as well as the Drivers Assist Plus feature on our X5, and here are my thoughts comparing to the Driver+:

At highway speeds on the interstate staying in the same lane, they are all pretty much the same. Driver+ is actually smoother in my opinion at resuming speed after slowing down, but I think that's more a feature of adaptive cruise control. Driver+ can't change lanes yet, and has to be reengaged after changing lanes even though ACC remains on. I wish it auto-resumed Driver+ after the change, or disengaged everything on changing lanes, but it's not a big issue.

Driver+ is nice in that you don't have to apply turning pressure to the wheel, just hold the wheel. This is similar to the X5, which just required you to squeeze the wheel and is a better experience than the Tesla. It was always weird to try to pull the wheel to the side to keep Autopilot on.

For the first time today on a short trip to Charlotte, Driver+ did have a little bit of "waviness" to it where it slightly bounced back and forth instead of being locked dead center of the lane. It wasn't great, but wasn't significant or persistent and I don't think the passengers noticed at all.

The real downside is Driver+ only works on mapped roads, so in my experience it's just the interstates here in SC.

All in all, the time I want it is when I'm cruising on the interstates, and it satisfies that need now. It should only improve over time and gain feature parity in other ways, so I'm happy with it. It's not going to be as fully featured as Autopilot, but does what I need it to do for my use cases. Hope that helps!
That's perfect, thanks for the explanation. Autopilot also cannot change lanes and has to be re-enabled which is pretty annoying, but I 100% agree on the turning pressure making autopilot less smooth because it's SO annoying and unsafe IMO. I highly prefer my wife's MMEGT's blue cruise to autopilot because of this.
Sponsored