First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mercedes GLK 250, 2009 Mercedes E63
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone gotten their unit to program via the car remote? I have not been able no matter what.

My Sommer unit is an EVO model with the 922mhz frequency I believe. In my Model S I had to program it via the “ D-mode”. I don’t see that as an option in the Rivian.
Sponsored

Amer

First Name
Amer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Architect
I have the same garage door opener and I also wasn't able to pair it with my R1T. Pairing it to my Model X in D-mode worked fine. I mentioned this the last time I was at the service center, but the rep said that maybe, someday, D-mode will be added in an OTA update. The funny thing is Sommer openers are listed as compatible in the Rivian manual. Does anyone know if there is a process for submitting feature requests to Rivian?

Gary@114

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Health care
Clubs

I had the same issue. I could not get the Sommer remote yo pair with the Rivian. Dome many times with service and they do not support the 868.8, 968,95 or 922.5 mHz of the Sommer remote controls. They support 310mHz. The agent told me that she would submit a request for this in a future update. Call roadside service and complain. If enough people do thus, maybe they will heed the call. Very frustrating
Sponsored