Sponsored

Some of the supply issues....

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
The right tools is one thing but this is going to require an alignment...will they be about to complete that on a mobile service appt??? I honestly don't know.
Definitely better to align on a rack, but I've even done it the old school way with a tape measure. Not as precise as the laser racks, but you can actually get it pretty darn close.
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toss a couple of these in the back of their R1T repair vehicle and there's not much they couldn't fix on the spot.

Shop MaxJax M6 Portable Two-Post Car Lift
This is pretty crazy BTW (and cool!), I'd never seen these. At 300 lb each, I wouldn't consider them "back of the truck" portable though. And the R1s would be right at the edge of the 6K weight capacity, but the thing that boggles me is how the heck are they safe with the small base each side has?!?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
To be honest, I'm surprised Rivian hasn't announced a price increase with all of the supply issues and what I'm sure are higher procurement and operating costs than they expected. If they get all of the pre-orders out the door without announcing a price hike I'll be impressed.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

This is pretty crazy BTW (and cool!), I'd never seen these. At 300 lb each, I wouldn't consider them "back of the truck" portable though. And the R1s would be right at the edge of the 6K weight capacity, but the thing that boggles me is how the heck are they safe with the small base each side has?!?
I thought the same thing and checked the site. It appears that they need to be attached to the concrete slab with specific requirements. You can unbolt it and wheel it away, but you’re left with bolts protruding above the floor or, if you leave them out, sleeves in the floor that can fill with debris so you have a hard time bolting it in place when you go to put it back. I don’t understand how this can be considered truly portable. It certainly isn’t the kind of thing you can take out of a truck and use at a customer site without any prep or damage.

edit: here are the details… https://www.maxjax.com/concrete-requirements/

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To be honest, I'm surprised Rivian hasn't announced a price increase with all of the supply issues and what I'm sure are higher procurement and operating costs than they expected. If they get all of the pre-orders out the door without announcing a price hike I'll be impressed.
Shhhh, hush it!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

That is a bummer.

Will be curious how long Tesla takes to resolve that.
That sucks! I hate to say it, but the answer will likely be along the lines of "Soon....very, very soon."

At least it sounds like it was a low-speed event. That can be a very ugly and dangerous occurrence at freeway speeds.

I hope they get you back up and rolling quickly! ??
Sponsored