First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
I just think the timing does not support the claim. If there was an unacceptable rating, going back to the drawing board, retooling, re-producing test mules, and other parts will take more than 1 month. I have more experience with airplanes, so I am being very skeptical but trying to stay reasonable.

Unless this happened a year ago, and they fudged the estimate to complete, but given the current situation with raw materials, shortages are delaying everything; try remodeling your house, it will cost 30% more and take twice as long.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Crash testing was wrapped when they said the pilot line was finished like in August. Like much of the auto industry they've said they've been having supply chain issues.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I'll keep anymore info I get to myself :)
Nobody is upset with you, just doing what forums do & trying to rationalize.

Don't hold back or ever hesitate to post. "If you see something, say something". ?

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I’m calling BS on this info. Unless Rivian totally blew their CAD modeling on their design. I’m am not an expert by no means, but I do have a weird absession for watching crash test, especially for a vehicle I’m looking to buy.
I am a CAD/CAM/CAE expert and while it is critical to the design, crash tests are so extraordinarily complex that creating a Digital Twin to account for all possible issues is impossible. If, IF, there was a crash test issue, I think being a new manufacturer with a cutting edge design platform would by its very nature mean adjustments would be made based on crash data.

This is about a simply as I can say it, if there were no issues found I would be concerned as well.
Sponsored