Sponsored

[Solved] Rear license plate mount missing?

gutsack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2020 Tesla Model Y
Weird one but I picked up my R1T in late March and now that my license plates have finally arrived I went to install the back plate and found… nothing. Just 4 square holes with no way to attach a plate. (See attachment.)

Feels like something is missing. Was the truck meant to come with inserts here?

The truck did arrive with the front plate attachment in a package in the frunk, but I plan to use that with a tow hook attachment anyway. The back, however, I expected to be able to mount per normal.

I’ve reached out to my guide but I’m just curious to see what should have been in this spot from other owners.

Rivian R1T R1S [Solved] Rear license plate mount missing? IMG_4148
Sponsored

OP
OP
gutsack

gutsack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2020 Tesla Model Y
Ha, now I feel very dense. Didn’t even consider all that was missing were some nylon inserts. Thanks, will pick some up!

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Also, to confirm , is there supposed to be a back plate for the rear plate? I just got my R1S and found that the paper plat was screwed into the plate bolt directly!

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Also, to confirm , is there supposed to be a back plate for the rear plate? I just got my R1S and found that the paper plat was screwed into the plate bolt directly!
I didn't get a plate frame either.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
The 4 nylon (or whatever material) inserts stick out from the body a little bit so no real need for a backing plate. I did opt to wrap my actual license plate in a slim silicone frame just to have a frame around the plate visually.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
The 4 nylon (or whatever material) inserts stick out from the body a little bit so no real need for a backing plate. I did opt to wrap my actual license plate in a slim silicone frame just to have a frame around the plate visually.
Thanks. I just ordered one from Amazon. Odd that Rivian doesn’t have a backplate. Also ordered a knockoff Rivian plate frame as well from EBay. Will have to see how good the quality is!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/145168635659

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Thanks. I just ordered one from Amazon. Odd that Rivian doesn’t have a backplate. Also ordered a knockoff Rivian plate frame as well from EBay. Will have to see how good the quality is!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/145168635659
I just went with the simple silicone frame because I decided I already had enough Rivian logos to suit my taste.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
When I picked up my R1T the delivery guy seemed to grab the inserts from the frunk. Maybe with the front plate stuff.
Sponsored