Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
They did this in the last update, and it fixed things for me. My driveway is about 1000’ long, and now my truck properly knows when I’m home
They allowed you to use GPS location? Or they just know where your home is now?
Mine still has it wrong and I don't see an option to set based upon GPS.
Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
My understanding is that the range improvements were incrementally implemented over several past updates. This update just fixes the guessometer calculations so that the new range is reflected on the dash. No?

EDIT: I forgot that this OTA also increases the allowable DoD. That means even more range is unlocked. I wonder if the nominal all purpose (21" wheel) max range will now go beyond 328mi. My full SoC range ESTIMATE is already at 326 mi.
At this rate, I've got my popcorn ready for when Rivian announces the max pack. Dual motor+400 miles of range just as we promised....same pack size.

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
Don't have my R1S yet, but did have an R1T test drive 5-6 months ago. After my drive, I was convinced the accelerator needed to be re-mapped. Very "herky-jerky", also noticed by others. Seems like this falls under that category? I wonder if Rivian will consider an OTA update with different/customizable accelerator mapping (similar to what they just did with snow mode)?
They already kind of have this. It sounds like you were driving in sport mode with regen set to high. The throttle map is very sensitive in that config. All purpose mode is quite smooth. Changing the drive mode changes the map for increasing the throttle pressure. Changing the regen level changes the throttle map for reducing throttle pressure. This is an important note. It doesn’t seem to me like lowering the regen “level” actually lowers anything. You still get full regen. It just rolls on much slower. (It becomes less sensitive to small/fast throttle inputs - its a low-pass filter).

Perhaps what you’re saying though is that you’d like a “custom” drive mode where you can select throttle map, ride height, steering effort, and everything else independently? This would be nice. Especially since they’re messing with our steering effort.

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This field needs to be bigger, I’m at 10 cars…
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

They allowed you to use GPS location? Or they just know where your home is now?
Mine still has it wrong and I don't see an option to set based upon GPS.
When I was in front of my house, I reset the "home" location. Now, instead of an address, it shows my home as GPS coords, and my truck doesn't lock when I'm at home

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

At this rate, I've got my popcorn ready for when Rivian announces the max pack. Dual motor+400 miles of range just as we promised....same pack size.
I’ve been thinking this too! “Surprise, it was a max pack all along!”

Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
When I was in front of my house, I reset the "home" location. Now, instead of an address, it shows my home as GPS coords, and my truck doesn't lock when I'm at home
So I did this the other day, and finally had a chance to drive home. While the truck still knows I'm "home", the navigation is still kinda broken for me, in that it never completes the navigation when I pull in my driveway.

So this didn't fix the minor annoyance with the nav/GPS setup for me.

I did notice that it converted the GPS coordinates back to my home address when I was setting it, so maybe it still ignores the GPS coordinates for navigating.

Stack

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model YP, Rivian R1T (Limestone, 20" AT)
Any idea as to when they will start pushing this? I'm still on 2022.47.2 and would love some of this.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Any idea as to when they will start pushing this? I'm still on 2022.47.2 and would love some of this.
s00n...

Indy avocado

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '17 Macan S, '11 Mustang GT
What I’d like:

Reverse has a creep mode. I prefer to control reverse with the brake vs the “go fast now” pedal.

When you hit the “home” garage opener, your front camera turns on and your mirrors fold.
I also want a reverse creep - in tight spaces it's hard to back up precisely in my experience.

Camera should automatically come up if the Radar is detecting things and/or should have a dedicated button location.

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
So, no one received this yesterday, as some forecasted would be the case?

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
So the service center by my house told me the public release will probably happen around mid February.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Don't have my R1S yet, but did have an R1T test drive 5-6 months ago. After my drive, I was convinced the accelerator needed to be re-mapped. Very "herky-jerky", also noticed by others. Seems like this falls under that category? I wonder if Rivian will consider an OTA update with different/customizable accelerator mapping (similar to what they just did with snow mode)?
That is more to do with driver skill/ unfamiliarity with the car. The throttle map in sport with high regen is perfect for high performance driving but it is very sensitive. When I got the truck you had to get really deep into the pedal to get the extra speed in sport and now it's there on demand. It drives wonderfully but you do need to get used to it as it is a ton of power and the throttle is super responsive with zero lag.

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

When I got the truck you had to get really deep into the pedal to get the extra speed in sport and now it's there on demand. It drives wonderfully but you do need to get used to it as it is a ton of power and the throttle is super responsive with zero lag.
Does that mean they've re-mapped acceleration so that you don't need to push so deep when you want to get moving?
I'm not a fan of "flooring" the accelerator. Reminds me too much of old ICE cars.
Sponsored