First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Does an available update show up in the phone app or only in the vehicle GUI?

I've had my R1T since Jan 20.. only have 98 miles on the odometer and 61 of those were from Rivian delivering the truck to me. I think I need to use it a bit more :)
Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Does an available update show up in the phone app or only in the vehicle GUI?

I've had my R1T since Jan 20.. only have 98 miles on the odometer and 61 of those were from Rivian delivering the truck to me. I think I need to use it a bit more :)
it shows up in both

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
it shows up in both
Thank you... I had looked in the app and saw no notice, and it's cold and raining so I didn't feel like going out to the truck đź‘Ť

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
I've been chastised by multiple call center employees for the number of tickets I've filed. I've been asked to not submit service tickets for feature requests and instead direct them to the guide.

I've decided to skip the middle-person and just stop submitting, entirely. Sending anything to my guide is futile.
Unfortunately, the guide route has never made me feel like it ever actually went anywhere.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Unfortunately, the guide route has never made me feel like it ever actually went anywhere.
It never did. It was doomed to fail from the start. There was no way it could ever scale. The fact they even launched it is a scary glimpse into how mismanaged their operations have been.

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
It never did. It was doomed to fail from the start. There was no way it could ever scale. The fact they even launched it is a scary glimpse into how mismanaged their operations have been.
the guide system to purchase is great, and while i get the idea-- i come form wholesale sales and support in my previous career-- the companies that tried to make sales and support the same role didn't do well at all. my guide was incredible in the purchase process but isn't who i'd reach out to for servicing the truck.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
the guide system to purchase is great, and while i get the idea-- i come form wholesale sales and support in my previous career-- the companies that tried to make sales and support the same role didn't do well at all. my guide was incredible in the purchase process but isn't who i'd reach out to for servicing the truck.
my guide sucked for sales, too. But even if yours was amazing, the guide program is still stupid and proof of organizational ineptitude at Rivian. The program cannot scale.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
my guide sucked for sales, too. But even if yours was amazing, the guide program is still stupid and proof of organizational ineptitude at Rivian. The program cannot scale.
I don't understand why it can't scale?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I don't understand why it can't scale?
The Normal IL factory is designed for 150k unit production annual with ability to expand. The proposed Georgia plant is larger. How many guides do you think they’d need to keep up? They already can’t satisfy their small number of initial deliveries. It is not scaleable. It’s so obviously not scaleable.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Rivian R1T R1S Software Version 2023.02.0 [beta] -- Improved EPA range, key fob firmware, new door ajar notification, steering improvement & more... E267CF39-5E95-465A-830E-3A969135F8A7

🤔
The scheduled charge began at 130am

Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
So, how are the 2023.2.03 installs going? Thoughts about it?

Last edited:

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

So, how are the 2022.2.03 installs going? Thoughts about it?
Man you need to stop living in the past… it’s 2023 bro :)

No update here yet.