Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Ha! those sneaky bastards we speculated a long time ago that those were flood lights in the mirrors and I had multiple people tell me no.

"Surprise! Your R1 now has flood lights. These lights are located on the front of each side view mirror and can be controlled individually. They also work with the mirrors folded in. That means if you’re parked parallel to your campsite, you can choose to fold in the mirrors and illuminate the side of your campground without having to point your R1 directly at it."

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S SOFTWARE SPOTLIGHT: CAMP MODE 🏕 1661862783174

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Ha! those sneaky bastards we speculated a long time ago that those were flood lights in the mirrors and I had multiple people tell me no.

"Surprise! Your R1 now has flood lights. These lights are located on the front of each side view mirror and can be controlled individually. They also work with the mirrors folded in. That means if you’re parked parallel to your campsite, you can choose to fold in the mirrors and illuminate the side of your campground without having to point your R1 directly at it."
yessir! Now if only they will let you us turn them on while driving...would be great ditch lights, i would think.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
yessir! Now if only they will let you us turn them on while driving...would be great ditch lights, i would think.
Exactly what I was thinking. Would be very helpful while driving.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I don't think that ever happens, as they probably are not allowed to. Can you imagine pulling up next to someone at a light, with that flood light pointing directly at your face?
I agree if it pointed to the side. As long as the mirrors are in driving position those lights are mostly forward and slightly outward. But you are probably right and they aren’t allowed. Although a case could be made these lights are no different than fog lights or a light bar.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

These features will be useful but I wish the power usage was more customizable. Instead of more power, less power or whatever why can’t we just have on/off customization for the 12V outlets, USB-C outlets like we have for the 110V outlets.

I just want to be able to run a 12V fridge and use as a little energy as possible. Currently that means using 110V which is the opposite of that. As a point of reference I had left 110V on the other day after returning from a trip and the truck used 12% SOC in a days time without the fridge where running my fridge for 24 hours should use less than 1%.

Hopefully this new mode is cheaper if you leave everything else on but turn off 110V but time will tell.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

Guinefort

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Hybrid
Occupation
Photographer
These features will be useful but I wish the power usage was more customizable. Instead of more power, less power or whatever why can’t we just have on/off customization for the 12V outlets, USB-C outlets like we have for the 110V outlets.

I just want to be able to run a 12V fridge and use as a little energy as possible. Currently that means using 110V which is the opposite of that. As a point of reference I had left 110V on the other day after returning from a trip and the truck used 12% SOC in a days time without the fridge where running my fridge for 24 hours should use less than 1%.

Hopefully this new mode is cheaper if you leave everything else on but turn off 110V but time will tell.
yes, I kind of want the WiFi Hotspot on and everything else off. i was camping with no cell service, but the truck had it, wanted to able to get a text via hotspot, but wanted the lights and everything else off.

edit: I remember what it was; I was sitting behind the truck eating / camping, I wanted the hotspot on waiting on a text from family, but when the WiFi was on, the trucks climate and monitor was on. Just wished I could have picked what I wanted on.

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

This feels like a "we need to push this stuff out before labor day" update, not fully fleshed out but serviceable. I'm hoping they intend on making things more configurable down the line, but I'm not confident about that. Leveling is great, but I'd also like to see being able to increase or decrease the vehicle height once level is achieved. I get why they want the vehicle to be unplugged, but I hope they can eventually eliminate that requirement and that it's not strictly for regulatory reasons.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Any idea when this OTA will get pushed, my recollection was that it’s supposed to be this week, has anyone gotten it yet.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

yes, I kind of want the WiFi Hotspot on and everything else off. i was camping with no cell service, but the truck had it, wanted to able to get a text via hotspot, but wanted the lights and everything else off.
Ah yes, excellent point on the WiFi hotspot. In my last trip I was leaving the PD from fully closing so it would stay on for at least a longer period.
Sponsored