Sponsored

Soft sand mode working well in NC, and Camp Speaker too!

JoelD

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
idlethoughts.blog
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Rivian R1T LE (delivered 6/28/22)
Occupation
Retired
It was a beautiful September day at Emerald Isle. Air temps in the mid 80s, water temp still hanging about 80. Since it’s beach driving season (and I live about a quarter mile from the beach and a half mile from the drive over ramp) we loaded up to enjoy the day for a couple hours. Stopped at the ramp and shifted to Soft Sand, then over the ramp and onto the beach. Found a nice spot, put up the Shibumi shade, got out the cooler, the chairs, and the dog…and the Camp Speaker did a great job with Boz Scaggs and Seal. Some folks may dis the speaker and say it’s a gimmick, but it sure is handy and sounds great. You can sorta see it on the tailgate in the picture. I had a fishing rod with me but didn’t even get it out…

Rivian R1T R1S Soft sand mode working well in NC, and Camp Speaker too! 0322D3AB-1F82-47ED-8BD7-2F3B0AE30F73

Rivian R1T R1S Soft sand mode working well in NC, and Camp Speaker too! 803A9C03-D75A-4C65-9AB3-DBBE4EEB49F2
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Looks like you had fun. A nice beach day is always a great way to spend a day.

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

It was a beautiful September day at Emerald Isle. Air temps in the mid 80s, water temp still hanging about 80. Since it’s beach driving season (and I live about a quarter mile from the beach and a half mile from the drive over ramp) we loaded up to enjoy the day for a couple hours. Stopped at the ramp and shifted to Soft Sand, then over the ramp and onto the beach. Found a nice spot, put up the Shibumi shade, got out the cooler, the chairs, and the dog…and the Camp Speaker did a great job with Boz Scaggs and Seal. Some folks may dis the speaker and say it’s a gimmick, but it sure is handy and sounds great. You can sorta see it on the tailgate in the picture. I had a fishing rod with me but didn’t even get it out…

0322D3AB-1F82-47ED-8BD7-2F3B0AE30F73.jpeg

803A9C03-D75A-4C65-9AB3-DBBE4EEB49F2.jpeg
Damn! We were at Emerald Isle all last week - Saw several vehicles driving up and down the beach but I sure missed you. My wife had her Shibumi up and I had my fishing rod out every day. My delivery is coming up soon - maybe we can get together sometime and compare notes.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Any airdown for the sand? Or were you able to just cruise with Soft Sand.

I was on the Hatteras Nat'l Seashore and dropped down to 20psi or so but I don't really feel it was necessary. Never came close to having any trouble. It was also a week before Soft Sand mode dropped.

OP
OP
JoelD

JoelD

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
idlethoughts.blog
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Any airdown for the sand? Or were you able to just cruise with Soft Sand.

I was on the Hatteras Nat'l Seashore and dropped down to 20psi or so but I don't really feel it was necessary. Never came close to having any trouble. It was also a week before Soft Sand mode dropped.
I did not air down this time, and there was no issue. Sand was deep and chewed around the area where the ramp hits the beach, but no problems. The Soft Sand mode handled it very nicely. I aired down the first time I took it out (last week), but I won’t do it again. I do carry a shovel and old doormats just in case, and I did get the kinetic recovery strap in the off road recovery kit…just in case…

I’ve been stuck many times with other vehicles. If you drive on the sand, sooner or later you will get stuck 😜

Sponsored

OP
OP
JoelD

JoelD

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
idlethoughts.blog
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Damn! We were at Emerald Isle all last week - Saw several vehicles driving up and down the beach but I sure missed you. My wife had her Shibumi up and I had my fishing rod out every day. My delivery is coming up soon - maybe we can get together sometime and compare notes.
Deacon, we live about a half mile east of the Black Skimmer ramp on the ocean side of 58. Unless I’m going to the Point, I usually just go over at Black Skimmer and tool down near the walkover close to my house. Message me on the Forum next time you are in EI.

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Deacon, we live about a half mile east of the Black Skimmer ramp on the ocean side of 58. Unless I’m going to the Point, I usually just go over at Black Skimmer and tool down near the walkover close to my house. Message me on the Forum next time you are in EI.
I live in Oriental so we can get to EI pretty easily. I will message you next time we are your way.