Sponsored

So who is in the DMV Area

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
The intent of the laws was to protect dealers from being undercut by the factory selling at lower prices directly to the consumer. Since Tesla has no dealers it's hard to argue that the laws have any application wrt to Tesla. The dealers now argue that the laws are there to protect the consumer. And if that argument is accompanied by a nice fat check to the legislator's campaign fund they often prevail.
Sad but true, and summed up very well.
Sponsored

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜20 Model Y, ā€˜22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Unrelated to the above (interesting) discussion, but Iā€™m a new R1T preorder holder (5/29/21) just saying hello from MD. Havenā€™t 100% decided on whether to stick it out through Fall of next year or bail by this Christmas, but I thought Iā€™d post up for the DMV area. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences when you all get yours! Sorry to break up the dealership discussions.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I'd be curious to know the name of the LLC as it would be helpful in searching for building permits. We know they've said there will be a service center in the DC area and they've had job postings as well but so far no signs of any physical locations.
From the job descriptions for VA they are setting up distribution and service with nothing crazy in terms of a retail location.

I know in the "DC" area they have had a lot of corporate jobs as well as retail jobs available and drive managers etc which leads me to believe it will be a main location. How ever no registered LLC according to DC goverment or no entity named Rivian has been registered (I was searching on a weekly basis).

Rivian LLC is also registered in MD but no other positions besides maybe warehouse distribution for Amazon have been found thus far.

Rivian R1T R1S So who is in the DMV Area 1622689431391

Rivian R1T R1S So who is in the DMV Area 1622689515342

Rivian R1T R1S So who is in the DMV Area 1622689482343

irpete

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
So I just pulled the trigger on an F150 Platinum Hybrid Powerboost with the 7.2 KW power onboard. I had to do a lot of searching but finally found one in VA Beach and they will deliver it to my house this Friday for free.
I think I'll drive this for the next 3 years and then maybe check the waters again after all the Rivian and Lightining dust has settled.

I have to say that I was a loyal believer in Rivian but lately was offended at how they skipped over early pre-orders for ones in specific areas. Had they told me almost 3 years ago that the WDC area won't be amongst the first ones I probably would have moved forward anyways. To me, it's just the lack of information, misinformation and the ever changing goal posts. I get it that COVID through everything for a loop but just own it.

I'll probably keep my reservation just so I can see when I would have been contacted.

Anyways, I hope you guys all get yours soon and let us all know if you're going to be at a local cars and coffee.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

So I just pulled the trigger on an F150 Platinum Hybrid Powerboost with the 7.2 KW power onboard. I had to do a lot of searching but finally found one in VA Beach and they will deliver it to my house this Friday for free.
I think I'll drive this for the next 3 years and then maybe check the waters again after all the Rivian and Lightining dust has settled.

I have to say that I was a loyal believer in Rivian but lately was offended at how they skipped over early pre-orders for ones in specific areas. Had they told me almost 3 years ago that the WDC area won't be amongst the first ones I probably would have moved forward anyways. To me, it's just the lack of information, misinformation and the ever changing goal posts. I get it that COVID through everything for a loop but just own it.

I'll probably keep my reservation just so I can see when I would have been contacted.

Anyways, I hope you guys all get yours soon and let us all know if you're going to be at a local cars and coffee.

Fair enough and good luck!

Sponsored

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE

Don't blame you.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Someone mentioned earlier about buying in MD if you live in VA. I don't see why that would be an issue. I like my local Ford dealer a lot, but they just couldn't come up with the color I wanted last time so I bought it in Baltimore (from the same dealer group). The MD dealer was well aware of how to add the VA sales tax on the car and send the paperwork to VA so I was billed for the property tax correctly. Worst case you treat it like you are moving a used vehicle in state and you "report" it to the county you live in after you take delivery and then you pay them the sales tax and get on the property tax then.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

@Rivianmd do you plan on doing any off roading. We have a few folks here for sure at least online that is. @ajdelange how often do you spend your time in Nova? Are you a preorder holder ?

Rivianmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d, Toyota 4Runner
@Rivianmd do you plan on doing any off roading. We have a few folks here for sure at least online that is. @ajdelange how often do you spend your time in Nova? Are you a preorder holder ?
I do! Live in Howard Co. Maryland. Can definitely meet up with other Riviots in the area. Have a 4Runner now and have never done any hardcore off-roading but am looking forward to getting into it. Have a 4,7, and 9 year old and hope to take them on adventures SOON. LE holder 95xx from mid April 19ā€™ I believe

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
We winter in NOVA. You have to be one of those hardy native Quebecoise (like Mrs) to even think about spending the winter up here.

Sponsored

StevePresley

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-S0-0N-: R1S Adv/Lg Pk 22s El Cap.
Occupation
Product Manager for SaaS company
I'm "down-state" ;-) near Richmond - 30mins west in Powhatan Co. Ordered R1T Adventure Pack/Max Pack a few months back after I saw the CyberTruck delays on the Tri-Motor wouldn't likely get to my reservation until 2024 at the rate they're going.

Glad to see job postings in Richmond as well as DC. The other Tesla store is down here on the west end of Richmond.

I do like the idea of them scouting closed Sears stores since they already have service bays available, but most of the malls that Sears are in down here aren't exactly "posh" any longer, so would assume they'd want something a little more high-brow. Not sure if it's the same in the Bethesda location talked about in the service center location thread.

Anyhow, I saw a few other Central VA folks post on RivianStories in their mid-Atlantic forum. Not sure how much cross-pollination there is between here and there.

Rivianmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d, Toyota 4Runner
Hello all, we still thinking that service will be out of an unbranded warehouse location? I am hoping that service in our area wonā€™t be the holdup which moves us back in priority. Seems surprising given affluence and population that our location isnā€™t well on its way to being built out?

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
#8260 03/03/2019 LE R1S here in McLean. Thinking of changing to R1T, but not sure that will mean I get it sooner. Cars and coffee for sure, it's down the street!
Today's email says I'm due May-June 2022 now... Wonder if I could get it sooner if I switch to R1T.

stevegshi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ram 1500
Occupation
Electrical Engr. & Contractor, Master Electrician
Today's email says I'm due May-June 2022 now... Wonder if I could get it sooner if I switch to R1T.
very likely. March - April for a R1T at the latest given your preorder date.

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
Given that you would have been waiting for over 3 years either way, best to get what you really want :)
Sponsored