So who is in the DMV Area

sulesule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX470, Land Cruiser BJ42
Occupation
Govt
Greetings from Maryland. I and my wife both work for the govt (on EV policy and related IT stuff). We do not have a pre-order, but the missus wants an R1S after it reaches 2nd gen. I myself drive old rigs, so I'm maybe 5-7 years out on this one. Love the vehicle, though their policy people are a little...well, I don't know any of them, but I do know many people from Tesla, VW, GM etc. So, we'll see. I've been following you all's threads on service centers and showrooms, and will comment if I hear of anything of interest to the group. I do appreciate people's research skills - you're checking all the right places when it comes to permits, zoning requests, land sales etc ;-) Going forward, hoping to meet and wheel with folks out in the Blue Ridge.
Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Alexandria, VA here.
Adventure R1T.

pcrampton

First Name
Perrine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Occupation
Manager
#11653 May 19' from Sterling VA. Hey all! I have a limestone/ocean coast 400mile R1T.

Unfortunately the max pack is putting me into 2022 but that's alright. 300mile range for me is just not worth it for this type of vehicle.
How do you know what number you are in the order list?

I'm a newbie and placed my order for the R1S in November 2021. I have a lease now and I"m hoping the timing will work out for delivery around the same time my lease ends.

Wags

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Clubs

Several R1Ts have been spotted in the area as a FYI so BOLO.
Where kanundrum?! Where?! Where?!
Weā€™re dying for the chance to see some R1Ts in real life!!!

Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Where kanundrum?! Where?! Where?!
Weā€™re dying for the chance to see some R1Ts in real life!!!
I second this. Where have R1Ts been seen in the DMV?

Wags

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Clubs

I second this. Where have R1Ts been seen in the DMV?
Kanundrum has heard of some making appearances in the area this year for different government meetings. There were a couple in DC this past summer. There was another near me in Annapolis a couple of weeks ago but I didnā€™t hear about it until afterward - GRRR.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Kanundrum has heard of some making appearances in the area this year for different government meetings. There were a couple in DC this past summer. There was another near me in Annapolis a couple of weeks ago but I didnā€™t hear about it until afterward - GRRR.

Yesterday in Alexandria, Today in Silver Spring, and two days ago on 270. Pics are on Reddit as well as my buddy sent me one lol.

MadMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Tesla Model 3
Yesterday in Alexandria, Today in Silver Spring, and two days ago on 270. Pics are on Reddit as well as my buddy sent me one lol.
So Rivian knows theyā€™re coming to town, knows I have a preorder, knows theyā€™re driving thru my neighborhood, they even have my address and phone, but they donā€™t stop by? They can forget about a holiday card from me this year.

Sponsored

gd_r1t

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Product manager
I thought it'd be fun to get discussion going around camping / off roading destinations in close proximity to the DMV area.

There's plenty o hiking spots and parking lots with car camping. I'm curious where folks are thinking of taking their R1's off the beaten path. For me, I'm excited to find places truly remote and make use of the rooftop tent, camp kitchen, etc.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I thought it'd be fun to get discussion going around camping / off roading destinations in close proximity to the DMV area.

There's plenty o hiking spots and parking lots with car camping. I'm curious where folks are thinking of taking their R1's off the beaten path. For me, I'm excited to find places truly remote and make use of the rooftop tent, camp kitchen, etc.
I'd be curious to hear everyones thoughts as well.

LordUlhtred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3

VA has some excellent state parks which i frequent with my family. Not off-roading per say but definitely great camping spots with excellent amenities. I hope Rivian can work with VA state park and set up bunch of level 2 charging stations.

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

My buddy saw an R1T in Arlington.

Iā€™m a Nov-2020 R1S LE in Vienna with a July-September delivery timeframe. Iā€™m hoping that Rivian sets up in the Tysonā€™s area as thatā€™s next door, but think it would be cheaper to have the service center out by the dealerships out by Dulles. Time will tellā€¦

Rford71

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline, Audi TT
Occupation
Firefighter
I switched from R1S to R1T Order date was September 2019 Iā€™m located in Silver Spring Maryland
Sponsored