So who is in the DMV Area

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
The intent of the laws was to protect dealers from being undercut by the factory selling at lower prices directly to the consumer. Since Tesla has no dealers it's hard to argue that the laws have any application wrt to Tesla. The dealers now argue that the laws are there to protect the consumer. And if that argument is accompanied by a nice fat check to the legislator's campaign fund they often prevail.
Sad but true, and summed up very well.

Advertisement

Biturbowned

Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Unrelated to the above (interesting) discussion, but I’m a new R1T preorder holder (5/29/21) just saying hello from MD. Haven’t 100% decided on whether to stick it out through Fall of next year or bail by this Christmas, but I thought I’d post up for the DMV area. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences when you all get yours! Sorry to break up the dealership discussions.

OP
K

kanundrum

Reaction score
Vehicles
Sketch At most
Occupation
IT
I'd be curious to know the name of the LLC as it would be helpful in searching for building permits. We know they've said there will be a service center in the DC area and they've had job postings as well but so far no signs of any physical locations.
From the job descriptions for VA they are setting up distribution and service with nothing crazy in terms of a retail location.

I know in the "DC" area they have had a lot of corporate jobs as well as retail jobs available and drive managers etc which leads me to believe it will be a main location. How ever no registered LLC according to DC goverment or no entity named Rivian has been registered (I was searching on a weekly basis).

Rivian LLC is also registered in MD but no other positions besides maybe warehouse distribution for Amazon have been found thus far.

1622689431391.png

1622689515342.png

1622689482343.png

irpete

First Name
W
Reaction score
First Name
W
Vehicles
Ford F150
So I just pulled the trigger on an F150 Platinum Hybrid Powerboost with the 7.2 KW power onboard. I had to do a lot of searching but finally found one in VA Beach and they will deliver it to my house this Friday for free.
I think I'll drive this for the next 3 years and then maybe check the waters again after all the Rivian and Lightining dust has settled.

I have to say that I was a loyal believer in Rivian but lately was offended at how they skipped over early pre-orders for ones in specific areas. Had they told me almost 3 years ago that the WDC area won't be amongst the first ones I probably would have moved forward anyways. To me, it's just the lack of information, misinformation and the ever changing goal posts. I get it that COVID through everything for a loop but just own it.

I'll probably keep my reservation just so I can see when I would have been contacted.

Anyways, I hope you guys all get yours soon and let us all know if you're going to be at a local cars and coffee.

OP
K

kanundrum

Reaction score
Vehicles
Sketch At most
Occupation
IT
So I just pulled the trigger on an F150 Platinum Hybrid Powerboost with the 7.2 KW power onboard. I had to do a lot of searching but finally found one in VA Beach and they will deliver it to my house this Friday for free.
I think I'll drive this for the next 3 years and then maybe check the waters again after all the Rivian and Lightining dust has settled.

I have to say that I was a loyal believer in Rivian but lately was offended at how they skipped over early pre-orders for ones in specific areas. Had they told me almost 3 years ago that the WDC area won't be amongst the first ones I probably would have moved forward anyways. To me, it's just the lack of information, misinformation and the ever changing goal posts. I get it that COVID through everything for a loop but just own it.

I'll probably keep my reservation just so I can see when I would have been contacted.

Anyways, I hope you guys all get yours soon and let us all know if you're going to be at a local cars and coffee.

Fair enough and good luck!

cwinters

First Name
Clay
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid

Don't blame you.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Someone mentioned earlier about buying in MD if you live in VA. I don't see why that would be an issue. I like my local Ford dealer a lot, but they just couldn't come up with the color I wanted last time so I bought it in Baltimore (from the same dealer group). The MD dealer was well aware of how to add the VA sales tax on the car and send the paperwork to VA so I was billed for the property tax correctly. Worst case you treat it like you are moving a used vehicle in state and you "report" it to the county you live in after you take delivery and then you pay them the sales tax and get on the property tax then.

OP
K

kanundrum

Reaction score
Vehicles
Sketch At most
Occupation
IT
@Rivianmd do you plan on doing any off roading. We have a few folks here for sure at least online that is. @ajdelange how often do you spend your time in Nova? Are you a preorder holder ?

Rivianmd

Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d, Toyota 4Runner
@Rivianmd do you plan on doing any off roading. We have a few folks here for sure at least online that is. @ajdelange how often do you spend your time in Nova? Are you a preorder holder ?
I do! Live in Howard Co. Maryland. Can definitely meet up with other Riviots in the area. Have a 4Runner now and have never done any hardcore off-roading but am looking forward to getting into it. Have a 4,7, and 9 year old and hope to take them on adventures SOON. LE holder 95xx from mid April 19’ I believe

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Reaction score
First Name
A. J.
Vehicles
Tesla X Extended Range Plus 2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, SR5
Occupation
EE Retired
We winter in NOVA. You have to be one of those hardy native Quebecoise (like Mrs) to even think about spending the winter up here.

Advertisement

Advertisement