Sponsored

So there is a Delay in Deliveries. Launch Edition starts July

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
They still list January 2022 for non-LE deliveries, so I'm hoping they will begin concurrent deliveries and the "Sprint 2022" is more of a CYA for them if some customers have difficulty finalizing orders or there are transport/logistics issues with edge case orders.
Sponsored

BuckeyeTruckGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper Clubman S All4; R1T Reservation
Really surprised that neither Denver nor Vegas is on the first test drive list. LA, NYC, Chicago and Detroit? So much for that “adventure” vibe. ?. Quick question - anyone know of a good place in Manhattan to do a tank turn?
Yes, I am sure you can do a tank turn in Central Park. However, you would get a LOT more views on YouTube if you do the tank turn in Times Square in front of all the people waiting for Broadway Tickets!:like:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
They still list January 2022 for non-LE deliveries, so I'm hoping they will begin concurrent deliveries and the "Sprint 2022" is more of a CYA for them if some customers have difficulty finalizing orders or there are transport/logistics issues with edge case orders.
I'm calling B.S. on their January delivery wording in the FAQ. I personally think it's written to lead you to believe deliveries starting in January, but give them room to have guides email those preorder holders January 31st and say they but their mark.

I emailed CS to request clarification that fully expect not to get.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'm calling B.S. on their January delivery wording in the FAQ. I personally think it's written to lead you to believe deliveries starting in January, but give them room to have guides email those preorder holders January 31st and say they but their mark.

I emailed CS to request clarification that fully expect not to get.
That would mean only a 1 month delay, which is better than "we won't start non-LE deliveries until after Spring 2022".

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That would mean only a 1 month delay, which is better than "we won't start non-LE deliveries until after Spring 2022".
That doesn't mean anything regarding a delay. They could email people in January, and actually deliver in May. The wording is that vague.

There is also *literally* zero guidance in when to expect a max pack or and other pre-order. We all read January 2022, but have literally no idea if we should expect January 2023 because they aren't being transparent about production expectations or demand.

Here's the thing. I don't really care much if it's January 2022, June 2022 or January 2023 as long as I have a reasonably transparent estimate if what to expect. Which they refuse to give.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

That doesn't mean anything regarding a delay. They could email people in January, and actually deliver in May. The wording is that vague.

There is also *literally* zero guidance in when to expect a max pack or and other pre-order. We all read January 2022, but have literally no idea if we should expect January 2023 because they aren't being transparent about production expectations or demand.

Here's the thing. I don't really care much if it's January 2022, June 2022 or January 2023 as long as I have a reasonably transparent estimate if what to expect. Which they refuse to give.
Totally agree. With current market availability I'm pretty much all in on an R1T. I can afford to wait a year+ and not lose any sleep.

Unfortunately, my wife needs a new car in October to haul around our 3 kids. If I knew even roughly when we could get our hands on an R1S my life would be much simpler. As many have said, there are not many options for 3 room seating with good fuel economy. Since we both hate the Model X anesthetic, not really sure which direction we will end up going ?

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
My takeaways are similar to Peashooter. Some are explicit, others are simply implied based on the info we've been given. Take it or leave it.

• They waited to the second-to-last day possible to announce a delay of up to 6 months if you're at the end of the list for LE reservations.
  • They've missed their targeted EPA range goals, and are cutting weight by making the off-road package "optional", in order to try and hit the targets
  • Still no pictures of the interior, user experience, etc...something has gone wrong and they're still trying to figure out how to fix it in production vehicles
  • They recognized how asinine it was to charge $5K for the camp kitchen, and then try and squeeze the few people that wanted it for more money on the $50 worth of utensils. Smart move.
  • They hoped distracting us with accessories in the configurator would prevent us from noticing the above items, and that the delay will get buried in the news over the long weekend.

Sponsored

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
My takeaways are similar to Peashooter. Some are explicit, others are simply implied based on the info we've been given. Take it or leave it.

• They waited to the second-to-last day possible to announce a delay of up to 6 months if you're at the end of the list for LE reservations.
  • They've missed their targeted EPA range goals, and are cutting weight by making the off-road package "optional", in order to try and hit the targets
  • Still no pictures of the interior, user experience, etc...something has gone wrong and they're still trying to figure out how to fix it in production vehicles
  • They recognized how asinine it was to charge $5K for the camp kitchen, and then try and squeeze the few people that wanted it for more money on the $50 worth of utensils. Smart move.
  • They hoped distracting us with accessories in the configurator would prevent us from noticing the above items, and that the delay will get buried in the news over the long weekend.
I had not thought of that as a reason for the now "optional" off-road package. That makes perfect sense. More so, still zero mention of EPA range numbers. You guys can get excited all you want about the new accessories, but it still does not obscure the fact that Rivian has yet again changed delivery dates - and only a few days before the month they were supposed to begin. I would bet anything this delay is entirely tied to them not meeting the range numbers they have continuously stated since 2018. Just my 2 cents.

boneil1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
A 1 month delay to start deliveries is much better than I expected. Every other car manufacturer is shutting down plants and reducing production due to chip shortages. Personally I think the delay could be much worst. They are also probably having problems with finding workers.

I am worried about how there is still so much info we don't know. How is it possible that the guides are reaching out this week and we still don't know actual range?

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
I had not thought of that as a reason for the now "optional" off-road package. That makes perfect sense. More so, still zero mention of EPA range numbers. You guys can get excited all you want about the new accessories, but it still does not obscure the fact that Rivian has yet again changed delivery dates - and only a few days before the month they were supposed to begin. I would bet anything this delay is entirely tied to them not meeting the range numbers they have continuously stated since 2018. Just my 2 cents.
They did a good job of hiding the delay in all of the info dumped this morning. It sure does look like a 3-6 month delay without calling it a delay. If you quickly read the long e mail this morning you could have easily missed the fact that some LE holders will not see their Vehicles until 6/22. The next big info will be the EPA number.