So there is a Delay in Deliveries. Launch Edition starts July

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
This is not totally unexpected for a new start-up manufacturer, but Rivian has finally come clean on there will be a delayed timing for the R1T's. Rivian has previously stated they would deliver LE by end of 2021. Having placed my order on Dec. 12th, 2018 this has been a long wait.

Per Rivian's update today: "Launch Edition deliveries are now planned to start in July and be completed in spring 2022. All R1T and R1S Launch Edition preorder holders will hear from their Guide by the end of November with their expected delivery timing."

So, now what is the anticipated timing for my R1T Max Pack? Summer of 2022?
Sponsored

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
This is not totally unexpected for a new start-up manufacturer, but Rivian has finally come clean on there will be a delayed timing for the R1T's. Rivian has previously stated they would deliver LE by end of 2021. Having placed my order on Dec. 12th, 2018 this has been a long wait.

Per Rivian's update today: "Launch Edition deliveries are now planned to start in July and be completed in spring 2022. All R1T and R1S Launch Edition preorder holders will hear from their Guide by the end of November with their expected delivery timing."

At least they are saying that drive events will begin in August at several locations - I can finally see one in person!

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer

Maybe not. I don't think they are going to be working in series from LE to non LE after a certain point. I think they are including those far and quirky LE preorders to make sure everyone has a date. So even if the R1S LE preorder in Alaska is still waiting, non LE R1T orders on California may start getting their deliveries.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:
OP
OP

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Maybe not. I don't think they are going to be working in series from LE to non LE after a certain point. I think they are including those far and quirky LE preorders to make sure everyone has a date. So even if the R1S LE preorder in Alaska is still waiting, non LE R1T orders on California may start getting their deliveries.
That would make sense. I did email Rivian this morning asking for clarification. I placed my order in early Dec. 2018, but then in choosing the Max Pack put myself into 2022 deliveries.

Sponsored

BuckeyeTruckGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper Clubman S All4; R1T Reservation
Rivian R1T R1S So there is a Delay in Deliveries. Launch Edition starts July 232863B4-CE10-45B7-A176-22D586F057D4

well it looks like a trip to Detroit for me. Hope to meet some of you there!

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
232863B4-CE10-45B7-A176-22D586F057D4.png

I'll be heading down to Detroit for the event also - be nice to meet other pre-order folks.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
they canceled Miami's event last year, and I didn't see it on the list... I guess not many orders from the South East. What else is there to do in Detroit, maybe I can make it this year's family trip ?

Rivian R1T R1S So there is a Delay in Deliveries. Launch Edition starts July SmartSelect_20210527-072717_Chrome

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Rivian has previously stated they would deliver LE by end of 2021
I actually don't think they've ever said this. We've been working on that assumption here, but I don't think that there was ever an official statement that all LE would be delivered by 2021.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I would be very surprised if the max pack R1T I configured is delivered before March of next year

Ps I live in Atlanta and have a common color / configuration

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
232863B4-CE10-45B7-A176-22D586F057D4.png

Really surprised that neither Denver nor Vegas is on the first test drive list. LA, NYC, Chicago and Detroit? So much for that “adventure” vibe. ?. Quick question - anyone know of a good place in Manhattan to do a tank turn?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Really surprised that neither Denver nor Vegas is on the first test drive list. LA, NYC, Chicago and Detroit? So much for that “adventure” vibe. ?. Quick question - anyone know of a good place in Manhattan to do a tank turn?

I MAY go to NYC in August to see the car but its a hike 4 hours or so from DC to which I though they would for sure come here.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I would be very surprised if the max pack R1T I configured is delivered before March of next year

Ps I live in Atlanta and have a common color / configuration
Would have been nice if they addressed max pack and regular pre-order delivery estimates in a clear way at a in the update...

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
The ongoing delays on LEs is really frustrating. It really just means more time for other automakers to bring EVs to the market or announce what their EVs will look like.

At a certain point, if Land Rover or Jeep come out with a strong EV entry I might as well just wait another year (I've already waited 3 years) and get something from a more established player that I may like better anyways.