Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Some of you may already know this, but I just came across this info. Looks like Rivian won't start delivering until 2021?? BUMMER!!!! Does anyone have more info on this?? Here's a tweet from a Rivian rep...
Rivian R1T R1S So No Deliveries in 2020? upload_2020-1-22_14-55-38
Sponsored

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
I read this as production begins in late 2020 and once we have enough builds to coordinate transport they will be on the way which I believe will be early 2021. As we all know, time will tell.

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
My interpretation and understanding up until this point is that very early preorders might be be delivered in late 2020, but the majority will be later. I'm fine not being first in line, I'd like to see a few real world and unbiased reviews before fully committing to the purchase.

cryogen97

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Cx9, Ford Edge
Clubs

I think they have been saying this all along. Deliveries starting in 2020....probably just the super early pre-orders and/or high profile folks. And 2020 sounds a lot closer than 2021

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
You might be right about 2021, so close to my Cybertruck delivery date and that's too bad. I'm seriously considering cancel my order and just buy a Model Y this year and then take delivery of my Cybertruck in 2021...

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Rivian website still says deliveries begin 2020 (https://rivian.com/faq/).

However, this will be a limited number. I think too many people are expecting their vehicles at the beginning, when they are likely thousands of vehicles & months down the list.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
RJ has previously said he estimates producing 20k to 40k vehicles in the first full year (2021). In many articles posted today Rivian has stated production will start in December 2020. So even with the most optimistic, dare I say unrealistic, projection of vehicles produced in 2020 ( 40,000 / 12 = 3,333 in one month) is probably a small fraction of the pre-order holders which includes many employees, investors, etc. before pre-orders were open to the public. So even though "some" very early pre-order submissions will receive their vehicles in 2020, the statement of "many customers will receive their vehicles in 2021" sounds statistically appropriate to me for the masses. .... Now if I can only get rid of the "electric ants in my pants!" :CWL:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm a Dec '18 preorder & don't expect mine until mid 2021.

However, I believe one of the announcements will be the long-awaited configurator, and I'm hoping that will provide production ETA after orders are configured (finalized w/ additional deposit?).

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

Rad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 and 2004 MDX, 2016 Jeep JK
so much speculation, it sure will be nice when we hear directly from Rivian about the configurator, # of pre-orders/deposits and est timing for deliveries. There is a portion of the pre-orders that are at risk (to cancel) with misinformation and speculation.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian did previously state the configurator would be available "early 2020", but exactly what/when that means is still open to interpretation...

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Rivian did previously state the configurator would be available "early 2020", but exactly what/when that means is still open to interpretation...
When I spoke with the R1S team lead at the Normal event this past October he said they are working on the online configurator and should be available in April 2020. Now whether that holds up or not and if it will be available to the general public or just pre-order holders, I guess will just have to wait and see.

Northern Exposure

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Hi...first time poster.
I just recently put down my deposit and I need to figure out how to come up with the remaining $68 000 USD (terrible conversion currently from canadian to USD) so I am OK if they don't produce my truck until 2022 :)

That said, the anticipation may kill me as I am very excited to climb behind the wheel.

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
. . . they are working on the online configurator and should be available in April 2020.
Lucid Air has also said its configurator would open up in April, and Tesla is reportedly trying to move the introduction of its Plaid drivetrain for the Models S and X up from late 2020 to midsummer. It seems a bit of a race is on to lock down orders and keep people away from the lure of competitors.

Jaguar dealers in the U.S. reportedly have as many I-Paces sitting on their lots (about 1,300) as have been sold thus far in the U.S. There are rumors that Mercedes' claim of battery shortages is a cover story for poor initial orders of its EQC SUV. The Audi E-tron is way behind the Tesla curve on range and performance. Honda and Toyota are asleep at the switch with EVs. Mazda has announced it is going to stick with ICEs exclusively. GM, in typical fashion, entered the EV market half-heartedly and will finally make its big leap years behind the competition. (I can't escape the impression that they've got another Saturn venture in the making, spending years in bureaucracy-bound planning, coming late to the game, and producing a so-so product. An electric Hummer? Really?)

I'm becoming more convinced that the future of EVs -- and the future of personal transportation -- is going to lie with the dedicated EV startups such as Tesla, Rivian, Lucid, Byton, etc. -- instead of with legacy automakers.

Ford, however, may well turn out to be the exception.
Sponsored