First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cloud Architect
I didn't even realize my truck was keyed until I took it in for the recall just a bit ago. I stepped out and saw a big scratch. Looked at the video and BAM! Clear as day.

I went to dinner 2 nights ago (Urban Farmer, epic steakhouse). The guy keyed the Mazda behind me and the Audi in front of me just 9 minutes before I left the restaurant. I'm just ordered a USB-C drive and will download the video to give to local Denver PD. If other people reported that night, this video will be pretty useful. Time, place/location, clear description/view of the perp.

Hopefully they catch the guy! And thank the Rivian godz for Gear Guard working that day!

Once I download the video, I'll attach it for good measure. For now though, I'll have to schedule an appointment to get the scratch fixed... *sigh*
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
People suck.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I didn't even realize my truck was keyed until I took it in for the recall just a bit ago. I stepped out and saw a big scratch. Looked at the video and BAM! Clear as day.

I went to dinner 2 nights ago (Urban Farmer, epic steakhouse). The guy keyed the Mazda behind me and the Audi in front of me just 9 minutes before I left the restaurant. I'm just ordered a USB-C drive and will download the video to give to local Denver PD. If other people reported that night, this video will be pretty useful. Time, place/location, clear description/view of the perp.

Hopefully they catch the guy! And thank the Rivian godz for Gear Guard working that day!

Once I download the video, I'll attach it for good measure. For now though, I'll have to schedule an appointment to get the scratch fixed... *sigh*
People suck, sorry this happened to all of you.

At some point would be nice for people to return to some level of common decency and respect.

OP
OP

electricRaptor

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cloud Architect
People suck, sorry this happened to all of you.

At some point would be nice for people to return to some level of common decency and respect.
Thanks all.

Agreed. For now though, I put Every.Single.Detail. of the guy in the police report I just finished submitting. If they need video, I can happily provide with my soon-to-be-mine USB-C thumb drive. Why can't we just upload to S3 or something instead of buying a silly thumb drive?! Honestly I haven't owned one in like 5+ years.

Sponsored

Grajjie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Ioniq Electric, Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

At least it doesn't seem like your Rivian was specifically targeted. Just seems like someone with nothing better to do other than damage people's property.

OP
OP

electricRaptor

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cloud Architect
Left side mirror video

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

That's just fucked up. Looks to be a lighter maybe?

OP
OP

electricRaptor

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cloud Architect
That's just fucked up. Looks to be a lighter maybe?
That would be the sharpest lighter ever if it was able to create the giant scratch that pierced the clear coat in a 2" section 😅. I think the beginning part (about 12-14") of scratch can be buffed out.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Man some people are just angry at the world and take it out on others. That’s really not fair. I’m sorry. Kinda makes me think twice about full body ppf now to protect against these clowns.

Sponsored

OP
OP

electricRaptor

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cloud Architect
An officer was assigned to my case and asked me to upload videos. I attached the rear license plate video, truck bed video, mirror video, and front grille video. Each one shows him in a different angle getting all three vehicles. Let's see if she can nab the perp or something.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

That would be the sharpest lighter ever if it was able to create the giant scratch that pierced the clear coat in a 2" section 😅. I think the beginning part (about 12-14") of scratch can be buffed out.
It just looks different than a key in his hand. Either way its terrible.

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Glad you got it on video and sorry it happened to you. People suck. I'm paranoid about this happening so made sure to put a low deductible on my comprehensive insurance. Side note - do we think the police actually investigate these cases? Either way, good to have it documented and the video for your insurance claim.

OP
OP

electricRaptor

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cloud Architect
It just looks different than a key in his hand. Either way its terrible.
True. Not sure what he used, so I used the words "sharp and shiny implement" in my case 😆

OP
OP

electricRaptor

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cloud Architect
Glad you got it on video and sorry it happened to you. People suck. I'm paranoid about this happening so made sure to put a low deductible on my comprehensive insurance. Side note - do we think the police actually investigate these cases? Either way, good to have it documented and the video for your insurance claim.
Pretty unlikely, although it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside to seek justice lol
Sponsored