Sponsored

So I Cancelled My Reservation

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Not that I have any love for the dealerships, but it worked for all involved (manufacturer/dealership/consumer) for the last 100 yrs. The dealerships were necessary as there were no direct means for the manufacturers to sell/service their vehicles. Tesla broke the dealership model and Rivian and others are proceeding to do the same. I'm sure GM, Ford, etc.. are eager to end dealerships ASAP but face an uphill battle from 100 yr old powerful businesses.
IMO the dealership model has been broken ever since it became legislated. The online ordering hybrid has exposed just how little value add dealers are while clearly demonstrating how greedy they are.

When we ordered our MME online we enjoyed choosing exactly what we wanted without the pressure of a salesman steering us towards a compromise. I think this is true for lots of folks. But dealers have not adapted and resent the online system. They want to continue the 100 year old tradition of legalized extortion.

If I order a vehicle online at MSRP and the dealer tacks on another $5-10k how can that NOT be irksome?! It is clearly extortion. Folks who pay that markup are enablers for dealers continuing to extort.
Sponsored