Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

Last edited:

tmm0f5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Thank you! Have never had a 4WD previously. The R1S is fantastic and am excited for winter.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
...just ordered a pair of the AL69 to keep in the winter truck. I wasn't aware of this product - thanks for the thread.

Phrogz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
phrogz.net
Vehicles
'66 Ford Jeep, '01 SLK 32AMG, '10 Wrangler, '19 Q7
Occupation
Autonomous Driving Software
Last weekend we had a snowpocalypse in Boulder, CO. About a foot of incredibly wet snow dumped in freezing temps during the day. I had to drive several times on steep mountain roads (kid shuttling). On the second trip the mountain road was hard to make it up: I was sliding everywhere. My driveway was deep in snow (hadn't snowblowed it yet) and I could not make it up the last hill. After sliding into the ditch a couple times, I snowblowed the driveway down to about an inch of hard-packed snow/ice at the base. My Toyo Open Country AT3 have good tread on them, but my R1T kept sliding off the driveway, with no chance of making it up.

I got down to a flat section, and put a pair of socks on the front wheels only. I then drove up the driveway with ZERO SLIPPING. Not an ounce of problem, on only two wheels. They are *so* easy to put on IF you aren't stuck and can drive a few feet. I don't know if it would be possible to put them on while stuck. Later on I (carefully) drove back down the mountain road (that was so slick coming up) with zero sliding or slipping.

Very good experience with them. Highest rating from me. I'm definitely ordering a second pair so I can 4WD with them.

(You can order the AL69 from Amazon for $280, or from AutoSock directly for $220.)
Sponsored

Last edited: