Sponsored

Snow performance check-in....focus on tires.

obababoy

First Name
Chilbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 LR Discovery, 2011 WRX/STI, 2021 Palisade
Occupation
Cyber
Clubs

Nothing replaces snow tire performance, don't care how good your tires are A/T or otherwise. For me, snow tires are like insurance - I'd gladly pay the $1,000-$1,500 to have multiple winter seasons of superior performance. Especially when I am driving my family and in the mountains. I grew up in Michigan and NEVER had snow tires, but it's flat and generally easy to get around. Here in Colorado, especially with a truck of this weight, they are almost a necessity. I know a lot of people feel all season tires are "good enough" but nothing will replace the performance of snows. They literally turn my vehicles into winter tanks in the ski season.
Yeah definitely shopping around right now. One of my issues is that I also commute from Ken Caryl to Buckley Space force base 32 miles one way each day (until I retire in less than two years) so i feel like id eat through tires.
I do have the 20ATs and would prefer to just get a winter set of wheels, but options still seem kinda limited. I could do Hakka R5 with shorter side wall, the nokian LT3, or blizzaks. I just don't know which route to go with my commute but also need to get 20+ skiiing days in
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yeah definitely shopping around right now. One of my issues is that I also commute from Ken Caryl to Buckley Space force base 32 miles one way each day (until I retire in less than two years) so i feel like id eat through tires.
I do have the 20ATs and would prefer to just get a winter set of wheels, but options still seem kinda limited. I could do Hakka R5 with shorter side wall, the nokian LT3, or blizzaks. I just don't know which route to go with my commute but also need to get 20+ skiiing days in
I did the Michelin X-Ice and have been very, very happy. I'm sure they make them for 20's as well but mine are the 22's.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Just had my 275/50R22 Michelin X-Ice tires installed today - huge improvement over the stock Pirelli 22s which were at 5/32” after 11,500 miles. They look great and also eliminated my slight pull to the right. 115H load rating no issue for Discount tire. Excited to get these up to the high country! PS Discount Tire is also the official shop to work on Amazon Rivian EDVs, and they all had to go through training so highly confident they do a good job!

IMG_4308.jpeg

IMG_4307.jpeg

IMG_4306.jpeg

IMG_4305.jpeg
Sponsored