Sponsored

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
HAHA wow I can't believe someone put that together! the study is 12 years old but still Selfies per day.... does that imply iPhone users are more narcissistic?? lol and ideal pets so Android users are mostly cat ladies??

Thanks for the stats was a fun read not sure how much weight I will put on that study but you did provide the statistics...
For what it's worth, my original comment wasn't based of EITHER of these. I just googled something to show how easy it is to get this information because it's been reported like hundreds of times
Sponsored

carcrazydoc

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 991.2 GTS, 2018 E63s wagon, 2016 Cayenne GTS
Occupation
emergency physician
Very cool and happy that Rivian is actively working to continuously improve their vehicles. Especially excited as I received the 8 step process invitation yesterday. Getting closer!

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
I drove by Rivian HQ yesterday and I can tell u the parking lot was ful/full of employee cars. They are not taking the foot off the gas in December

Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Ehhh, statistically, more financially well-off people own iPhones and less well-off people own Android phones. If you're not financially well-off, you're not buying a Rivian. So while Android is super popular worldwide, I think the majority of owners of a Rivian also have iPhones.
@Administrator, can you resolve this dispute? Based on the google analytics data for this website, what is the ratio of iphone to android?

While not 100% representative of all Rivian owners, it is probably pretty close.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
@Administrator, can you resolve this dispute? Based on the google analytics data for this website, what is the ratio of iphone to android?

While not 100% representative of all Rivian owners, it is probably pretty close.
The good thing is that it really doesn't matter, right? People like or own what they do and that's the beauty of freedom of choice.

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
Ehhh, statistically, more financially well-off people own iPhones and less well-off people own Android phones. If you're not financially well-off, you're not buying a Rivian. So while Android is super popular worldwide, I think the majority of owners of a Rivian also have iPhones.

that said, I still don't want CarPlay, I just want Apple Music integrated. I own all the Apple ecosystem crap and have an iCloud account that gives me Apple TV and Apple Music, which is why I'd love It available in the car. HiFi music and no additional subscription. I'd cancel Spotify in a second if Apple Music were an option. Shoot, even with Tidal coming, I may make the change
Well, you know what they say about when you assume something... :CWL:

Personally, I just don't like the Apple rigid interface...guess that also makes me middle class or lower?

Oh, and BTW...my Samsung S22 Ultra charges just fine on the Rivian wireless charging pad...no issues with big camera lenses...just sayin'.

Vegoelectric

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Volkswagen ID4
The good thing is that it really doesn't matter, right? People like or own what they do and that's the beauty of freedom of choice.
Freedom of choice is why I go with Android. The cost to develop is so high for an app on Apple platform. It does weed out bad apps better having to spend so much to develop, I'll give it that. I root for the little guys that have talent and time but not cash to pay off Apple. It's nice to be in a position to choose to support small businesses or not, 1st world problems I guess.
I am not going to be popular to say it, but Android auto and apple car play bog down an operating system like working a vlan but worse. Polestar and others that run a straight android system or the apple car which will be a straight apple system, are going to be the way to go for folks that need that integration. I am happy that Rivian doesn't trash their system by doing the skin system, works like trash on our Volkswagen ID4. These systems are to complex to run a system on a system and not have crashing. I think we have heard multiple times they aren't going to offer this at Rivian, and I think it is the right play.

Sponsored

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Oh, and BTW...my Samsung S22 Ultra charges just fine on the Rivian wireless charging pad...no issues with big camera lenses...just sayin'.
As long as you drive real nice and don't turn ;) I have the same, it just keeps dropping the charger connection every turn you take and restarts charging. Don't think the charge rate is worth the hassle it ends up being.

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

It's roughly a 2:1 ratio for iOS vs Android -- in terms of how our users access our site.

Ravenron

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer/Retired Military
As long as you drive real nice and don't turn ;) I have the same, it just keeps dropping the charger connection every turn you take and restarts charging. Don't think the charge rate is worth the hassle it ends up being.
Full disclosure, that is with the phone sitting sideways on the charger...not front to back.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Full disclosure, that is with the phone sitting sideways on the charger...not front to back.
I'll tinker with it that way some more and see if it works better.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
When do we expect to actually receive this reported released for over a week 2002.47 holiday update? We have snow coming here starting tomorrow night!
Sponsored