First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian is not and does not want to be like GM. They have and will continue to do things differently, for better or worse. You won't have local franchised dealers competing on price, and eventually with inventory you can drive home the day you test it. You won't have the highest paid salesperson at the dealership pushing extended warranties, VIN etching, etc after you let you guard down after what the consume often perceives as the critical negotiation (purchase price) has been concluded.Rivian has made it very clear that they are not going to reveal "official" specs until they are locked.
There are some thing that Rivian has told us about their vehicles that are a mystery on the Hummer. There are some we know about the Hummer we don't know about the Rivian.
GM has announced they are going to online ordering for all EVs.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2021/03/gm-launching-digital-retail-tool-for-ev-sales/

What has Rivian told us that is still a mystery for the Hummer? The only thing I can think of so far is the towing capacity.
Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
They have and will continue to do things differently, for better or worse. You won't have local franchised dealers competing on price, and eventually with inventory you can drive home the day you test it. You won't have the highest paid salesperson at the dealership pushing extended warranties, VIN etching, etc after you let you guard down after what the consume often perceives as the critical negotiation (purchase price) has been concluded.
GM has explicitly stated that the buying experience for Hummer EVs will be almost identical to those of Tesla and Rivian. Pricing is firm, no haggling by dealers that have signed up to carry them, and none of the typical upselling will be allowed.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
What has Rivian told us that is still a mystery for the Hummer? The only thing I can think of so far is the towing capacity.
Rivian has told us that passengers will have lumbar adjustment in the front seat. I dare you to show me anywhere that Hummer has given detailed information on front passenger lumbar adjustment. I DARE YOU.

And what do you know about Hummer flashlights?

I rest my case :)

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE