First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Who wants to see the R1T doing this and TANK TURNS in the snow??

Sponsored

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
Who wants to see the R1T doing this and TANK TURNS in the snow??
Yesss!

What's going on with this Hummer though? Did all the trim fall off or something?
Rivian R1T R1S Snow fun with the Hummer EV 2021-02-18_06-56

Side note, I hope these YouTube #shorts with lower quality vertical video die out.

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I am honestly considering the Hummer over the Rivian because it has CarPlay. I am waiting on Rivian to show some video of the UI and all it does, but I find it absurd to implement apps on their own. If they have 5 apps that means 5 apps to keep updated and god forbid the app updates its API, Rivian will have to be on top of it. As opposed to CarPlay/Android Auto which they put in once and that's it. They don't have to update apps ever again. Also, there will always be apps people want that Rivian won't put in. I do hope Rivian blows me away, but I won't hold my breath.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Yesss!

What's going on with this Hummer though? Did all the trim fall off or something?
2021-02-18_06-56.png

Side note, I hope these YouTube #shorts with lower quality vertical video die out.
It's a prototype. No need to install all the bits if they're not critical to the component/feature you're testing.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I am honestly considering the Hummer over the Rivian because it has CarPlay. I am waiting on Rivian to show some video of the UI and all it does, but I find it absurd to implement apps on their own. If they have 5 apps that means 5 apps to keep updated and god forbid the app updates its API, Rivian will have to be on top of it. As opposed to CarPlay/Android Auto which they put in once and that's it. They don't have to update apps ever again. Also, there will always be apps people want that Rivian won't put in. I do hope Rivian blows me away, but I won't hold my breath.
I have a reservation for both the R1T and the Hummer EV. I thought I'd get whichever was able to be delivered first -- most likely the Rivian. But the more that Rivian removes, the more I wonder if waiting for the Hummer EV is the right move.

I anxiously await more information on infotainment. I feel like that's either going to pull me back in to Rivian or it's going to be the nail in the coffin.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
100% same for me. What version of the Hummer did you reserve?
I did the EV2x, solely based on being more affordable. I'm debating whether to splurge on the EV3x, instead, however.

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
It's a prototype. No need to install all the bits if they're not critical to the component/feature you're testing.
I mean yes...but it's an advertisement (and one from GM), so I'm still surprised! Could actually be a good sign if they're being more transparent.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I mean yes...but it's an advertisement (and one from GM), so I'm still surprised! Could actually be a good sign if they're being more transparent.
GM is much more transparent, I get an email update from them each month with a video. A person narrates the video and explains features of the vehicle. I have the EV3x on order an am wait listed for an Edition 1. I will upgrade to all the Edition 1 features even if I have to wait longer.

I may end up flipping my current R1T reservation to an R1S, if I can get it in early 2022, then get he Hummer in 2023. That way my wife and I both get new vehicles.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Rivian hope you are watching..

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/8/22319617/hummer-ev-suv-reveal-date-gmc

April 3 is the day to beat.
Rivian revealed both their Truck and SUV concept at the same time. GM only showed the Hummer Pickup concept at their first reveal. This second reveal will show a concept SUV.

Rivian will be showing actual production units as the next step. GM is a long way away from that milestone. They haven't set up a pre-production line and put those vehicles out and about for testing. Rivian is well ahead of them as far as timeline.

The only announcement I need from Rivian is where and when I will be able to see and drive an actual production spec unit. I'm confident that the specs and details people are looking for will be made in conjunction with that announcement.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Rivian revealed both their Truck and SUV concept at the same time. GM only showed the Hummer Pickup concept at their first reveal. This second reveal will show a concept SUV.

Rivian will be showing actual production units as the next step. GM is a long way away from that milestone. They haven't set up a pre-production line and put those vehicles out and about for testing. Rivian is well ahead of them as far as timeline.

The only announcement I need from Rivian is where and when I will be able to see and drive an actual production spec unit. I'm confident that the specs and details people are looking for will be made in conjunction with that announcement.

Very true yet we know more about Hummer EV and its "official" specs than we do Rivian, just saying if they ever had a timeline it should be before the 3rd.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
GM is a long way away from that milestone. They haven't set up a pre-production line and put those vehicles out and about for testing. Rivian is well ahead of them as far as timeline.
GM has pre-production setup and test mules on the road (at least for the truck). They say they'll deliver units into customer hands, this fall.

They're not that far behind Rivian... And because GM is an established auto company, we know more about some important details (such as what to expect with service and warranty).

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Very true yet we know more about Hummer EV and its "official" specs than we do Rivian, just saying if they ever had a timeline it should be before the 3rd.
Rivian is not and does not want to be like GM. They have and will continue to do things differently, for better or worse. You won't have local franchised dealers competing on price, and eventually with inventory you can drive home the day you test it. You won't have the highest paid salesperson at the dealership pushing extended warranties, VIN etching, etc after you let you guard down after what the consume often perceives as the critical negotiation (purchase price) has been concluded.Rivian has made it very clear that they are not going to reveal "official" specs until they are locked.
There are some thing that Rivian has told us about their vehicles that are a mystery on the Hummer. There are some we know about the Hummer we don't know about the Rivian.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
GM has pre-production setup and test mules on the road (at least for the truck). They say they'll deliver units into customer hands, this fall.

They're not that far behind Rivian... And because GM is an established auto company, we know more about some important details (such as what to expect with service and warranty).
Hadn't seen that they had set up the line for validation. Do you have a link?
Sponsored