Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Just to check in on this:

Payload capacity is about 1760 lbs. Looking at a slide-in camper that has a base weight of just over 900 lbs...of course, that's without water, some extras and such, so figure at least 1,100 lbs. there. Wife and I are not big...with our Akita, figure about 400 lbs. If we want to take a couple people in the truck with us, I think we are probably over the limit...assuming, of course, that payload means total weight on the vehicle (what else could it mean?). I don't think that there is a good work-around here. So probably going to have to go trailer rather than slide in.

Any thoughts appreciated...particularly on the suspension options as weight approaches the limit.
Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Just to check in on this:

Payload capacity is about 1760 lbs. Looking at a slide-in camper that has a base weight of just over 900 lbs...of course, that's without water, some extras and such, so figure at least 1,100 lbs. there. Wife and I are not big...with our Akita, figure about 400 lbs. If we want to take a couple people in the truck with us, I think we are probably over the limit...assuming, of course, that payload means total weight on the vehicle (what else could it mean?). I don't think that there is a good work-around here. So probably going to have to go trailer rather than slide in.

Any thoughts appreciated...particularly on the suspension options as weight approaches the limit.
You could go for a 100 lb camper. Carbon Fiber Camper Made To Perfectly Unite With Toyota Tacoma | MobileRVing

OP
OP
C.R. Rivian

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired