Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Does anyone who is counting on an air compressor not own a flex hose and accessories already?
I own several air hoses (and a large compressor in my garage) but I'll still probably buy the Rivian accessory kit. Several reasons:
  1. I use the hoses I already own, in my garage. It'll be nice to have one dedicated to my R1T so I can leave it in the truck and know I'll always have it. Same logic for leaving the included travel EVSE in the frunk and buying a hardwired EVSE for the garage.
  2. The length will be perfect for the R1T. If I use one of my existing hoses, they'll probably be longer than necessary, and if I buy a cheap hose it may be too short.
  3. The accessories included with the Rivian kit will probably be useful for how I'd use the R1T air compressor. I'm thinking it'll include a schrader valve to pump up the R1T tires, probably a rubber cone so I can pump up rafts or air mattresses, possibly a wand so I can blow out or dust off things, and hopefully a Presta valve so I can pump up my mountain/road bike tires.
  4. It's going to fit perfectly in the gear tunnel door storage pocket. That means the hose is probably coiled and is the perfect size for the door, and I'm guessing there is either a pouch or tray that holds everything.
It may not be the cheapest option, but I'm guessing that it'll be the best overall experience -- and that's what I want.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
They increased available ground clearance from 14.5" to 14.9" which I believe is a pretty sweet increase!!!
Aka "we measured in a different spot"
All the dimensions are with the 20" wheels. They are ~1" greater in diameter and that gives you about .5" additional ground clearance. Likely they were basing the previous info on the standard 21" wheels, and not an upgraded configuration.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I was pleased with today’s content. Nothing earth shattering, but I didn’t get the sense they were trying to hide anything either.
They hid interior shots...

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I don't think there was any actual new information, aside from a few new pictures. They are saving actual new information for... very very soon?

Agree with other commenters that given the lengths gone to in order to prevent interior shots (both in the wild and in prior PR material), the only logical conclusion must be that something important isn't finalized inside. Not incredibly reassuring weeks from theoretical first delivery.

One last cynical thought: I doubt RJ or anyone else at Rivian is aiming these occasional PR drops at the most rabid 5%. They must assume most of us will end up buying regardless and therefore the company doesn't need to spend much time or energy catering to our whims. These spots are to maintain interest in the other 95% of reservation holders and keep the company's name in the news.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I doubt RJ or anyone else at Rivian is aiming these occasional PR drops at the most rabid 5%. They must assume most of us will end up buying regardless and therefore the company doesn't need to spend much time or energy catering to our whims.
Listen here, Atlrivian, if that's even your real name, we don't need your logic. We're perfectly content being insatiable! Why don't you take your reality and get out!?

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Well - for me, this post had a bombshell - space in the doors for a dog leash and tennis balls. I _think_ that is the first mention of anything dog related from Rivian - ever. Since about 40% of adults in USA own a dog - versus, I dunno, maybe 1% that own a vehicle tent - they need to nail this use case.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Well, the "110V outlets" (which are obviously 120V, grrr) are described as "15 amp" plugs. So maybe they have an 1,800 watt inverter? If so, great. but I suspect this is another marketing flub and they just mean the plugs are the type of plugs that you use at home which at home can supply 15A, but in the truck, some lower wattage.

At this rate, we'll have to wait until someone plugs in a hair dryer into the plug and reports back what happens ?
Got me to thinking... totally gonna try our Jura A1 coffee maker. (Much like I'm hoping the Rivian is...worth every friggin penny!!!If you love coffee, grind beans every morning for drip/black coffee, this will change your life.)

Then I decided I was thinking too small...Træger Time, I just got one last weekend and it too has already changed my life, never grilling on anything else, ever!

Ok if it wasn't like 200 pounds and a PITA to get back up on our deck. Wait I'm pretty sure my Deck is elevated approximately the same height as the R1T bed and tailgate in Kneel mode... seventy four minus the cube root of an isosceles triangle, carry the two...round up...put a gate in the deck railing that runs along side our driveway...???

Yeah... hairdryer. ?
Rivian R1T R1S Sizing up the R1T - Exterior dimensions, specs, details and updates! PXL_20210501_221001289

Last edited:

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Got me to thinking... totally gonna try our Jura A1 coffee maker. (Much like I'm hoping the Rivian is...worth every friggin penny!!!If you love coffee, grind beans every morning for drip/black coffee, this will change your life.)

Then I decided I was thinking too small...Træger Time, I just got one last weekend and it too has already changed my life, never grilling on anything else, ever!

Ok if it wasn't like 200 pounds and a PITA to get back up on our deck. Wait I'm pretty sure my Deck is elevated approximately the same height as the R1T bed and tailgate in Kneel mode... seventy four minus the cube root of an isosceles triangle, carry the two...round up...put a gate in the deck railing that runs along side our driveway...???

Yeah... hairdryer. ?
PXL_20210501_221001289.jpg
Looks like the 620 from Costco? I got the same one last May and I LOVE it. Don't see why the R1T can't power it.

Sponsored

wdlikatruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ipace, cx-9
Occupation
attorney
I don't think there was any actual new information, aside from a few new pictures. They are saving actual new information for... very very soon?

Agree with other commenters that given the lengths gone to in order to prevent interior shots (both in the wild and in prior PR material), the only logical conclusion must be that something important isn't finalized inside. Not incredibly reassuring weeks from theoretical first delivery.

One last cynical thought: I doubt RJ or anyone else at Rivian is aiming these occasional PR drops at the most rabid 5%. They must assume most of us will end up buying regardless and therefore the company doesn't need to spend much time or energy catering to our whims. These spots are to maintain interest in the other 95% of reservation holders and keep the company's name in the news.
Here's my theory on lack of interior images and details: Large unshielded digital screens positioned high on the dash are very susceptible to glare, rendering them unusable. I wouldn't be surprised if Rivian has had to make the difficult decision to reconfigure their dash/screen layout.

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
Now that we (I) know the exterior dimensions, I'm surprised that the R1T seems to lack the required position lights (3 amber in front and 3 red in the back) as required by the ‘Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108’ for all vehicles 80 inches or wider. Has anyone else found an answer to this? Apologize if this is covered in another thread.

For example, see the Ford Raptor.
Rivian R1T R1S Sizing up the R1T - Exterior dimensions, specs, details and updates! 1620491946902

OKEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner
Now that we (I) know the exterior dimensions, I'm surprised that the R1T seems to lack the required position lights (3 amber in front and 3 red in the back) as required by the ‘Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108’ for all vehicles 80 inches or wider. Has anyone else found an answer to this? Apologize if this is covered in another thread.

1620491946902.png
I checked with CS yesterday and they said the body of the R1T is 79.3” wide. The mirrors will stick out about 1.25”each when folded.

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
Maybe it wasn't ground-breaking information, but this is the type of new info I was hoping to get, and I'm glad they shared it. Looking forward to the interior version when it comes out.

It looks like they took the hooks out of the frunk to hold bags upright, etc. That's disappointing as it was a nifty little feature (and probably not very costly to them) that I would have used very frequently.
Compare production Frunk to prototype, the prototype seemed fabric lined w/hooks and better lighting, now it looks like they drop in a plastic tub. Pinching pennies. ...

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I checked with CS yesterday and they said the body of the R1T is 79.3” wide. The mirrors will stick out about 1.25”each when folded.

1620491946902.png
It has to be greater than 79.9 without the mirrors. The Hummer EV is the width of the Raptor and also has the position lights, front and back. My GMC Sierra is 79 inches wide (w/o mirrors) and does not have them.
Sponsored